Did Blacks Automotive close down?

pissstain

Banned
For those of you who don't know, they were a mustang specialty dealer located on 17-92 in Casselberry. Judging from their website, it looks like they're not open anymore.

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
Just checked the site and every car is sold? Looks like the bad economy may have caught up with them. I bought 2 cars from them(01 cobra and 92 LX hatch). They were good people. One of the owners Brian bought my 01 Cobra for his wife about 2 years ago. Oh well, that sucks.

cam302

89 vert
Established Member
wow i heard that they were good to deal with
could some one post up there web site i just want to see it

Silverboost

Established Member
i heard that they were in some trouble for odometer fraud with cars that they have sold. There is a post somewhere on SVTPerformance about it. I will try to dig it up.

sseater

Established Member
no they didnt close down.. for good that is.. they sold all their cars pretty much because they borrowed too much money and couldnt sell the cars so they sold them in liquidation. theyll be back but they will be selling cheap $5k cars.

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
no they didnt close down.. for good that is.. they sold all their cars pretty much because they borrowed too much money and couldnt sell the cars so they sold them in liquidation. theyll be back but they will be selling cheap $5k cars.

Are they still gonna specialize in Mustangs or are they just gonna be a run of the mill used car lot?

MysticVert

Established Member
I bought 2 cobras from them, one stock Sonic Blue 03, which ended up having red paint on the back side of the front bumper....and an 04 mystic coupe w/ kenne bell that would not stay running, and was missing those 'pop rivits' in the chin spoiler and side skirts. I traded the 03 sonic for it. I did not catch any of this when I was buying them. Guess thats what I get for buying cars at night. My buddy bought an 03 Mach 1 w/ "35k" on it, and it ended up blowing up after 17 days of purchase. Thermostat was bad. But we got great deals on them...............

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
brother bought a car from them went to pick it up, the clutch was shot/undriveable and the car was broken into the night before and the radio was diconnected/broken....my brother not being into cars (and me not being there) took the car home thinking that the clutch was just a sports car clutch and thinking i would know how to fix the radio....what a shit hole

Users who are viewing this thread