• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

Did I just screw up? or is my car fat

Discussion in 'Driveline/Suspension' started by Need 04 Wine, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Need 04 Wine

Need 04 Wine Meanest CDN on SVTP Established Member

Hi guys/gals

Installed following

BMR
    Lower control arm, LC relocation brackets(middle hole), adj pan hard bar, panhard brace, upper control arm mount(in hole closet to car body), adj upper control arm
    Koni orange shocks in rear

Koni orange struts in front

GT500 isolators, Steeda heavy duty caster plates. Steeda sport springs.

2011 Mustang Gt Convertible all stock....

After I set the car on ground and measure fender well height, the front end is sitting 1.5 cm higher than the rear???

The roof is currently retracted, 1/8 tank fuel no spare tire, just pump and goo.

Car has a Heavy fiberglass hood on front.

What gives? Did I screw up and put them in backwards, said they were progressive but I measured each coil at 180* points on springs and could not determine an end that had tighter wrapped coils. Is the car just to fat?

Is this something that should sort itself out after final suspension setup(pinion angle, axle center and wheel align) or....well what???

Kinda worried as once I put a full tank of fuel in and car seat plus me and wife things going to look retarded dragging its ass all over the place.

Thanks

2. five.slow

five.slow El Jefe Established Member

Move the car back and forward a few feet and check again. The front needs to settle.

3. Need 04 Wine

Ok thanks man, Ill have to wait on that she's boxed in the garage right now.
    Hope fully tomorrow I can pull it out and get axle centered then re-measure height, hope to god it settles out...alot

4. CPRsm

CPRsm Authorized Vendor Authorized Vendor

That's good advice. The tires come together when you lift. Drop straight down they need to move out to lower the car

5. _Snake_

_Snake_ Well-Known Member Established Member

+1

6. five.slow

Fun game to play when you are setting camber in your garage. Jack up, adjust, let down, roll back and forth, measure, drink a beer, repeat 5-6 times because you are OCD! Good times. It's about a 4 beer process for me.

7. Need 04 Wine

lol. I do enjoy a reason to drink a beer, although I don't have camber equipment, I can make something up

8. nate714

nate714 Member Established Member

the bolts to adjust camber are only like twenty something bucks, and a local shop (especially alignment shop) will probably have a bunch laying around.

9. Need 04 Wine

I have the bolts as well, was just going to get them to put in if it needs it.

Moved car around today, centered axle, bounced it up and down driveway a few times

Sits almost dead level now with top retracted. front still smidge higher though, like 1/8" or so.... I dunno hope it don't sag to much in back...shoulda saved and got air ride I guess

10. five.slow

Maximum Motorsports camber gauge works pretty well.