Did pumps die or were they killed?

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
I dealt with this mess too, glad I'm not dealing with that anymore . my 340 strykers went bad after 10k miles, the 400 walbros died within 700 miles on e85 and finally the 465lph.. Those I didn't have any issues with at least.

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
465lph is the way to go for the e85 guys. And a stainless mesh filter! I was having issues clogging the paper element for some reason causing my car to go lean. At one point my filter was clogged, pumps dying and high air fuels but e85 saved me and my pistons lol

blown302stng

Established Member
Replaced my filter with the stainless filter and after getting back from MW I went and made a couple of low boost pulls and afr is going lean again...Guess it is time to drop the tank and switch the 400's for some 465's

blown302stng

Established Member
Yep e85..always from the same station..have 4 other local guys that use the same station with all different pump setups (magnafuel, 400's, 465's) and we have had 3 cobra with the 400 pumps fail now

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
Are you sure the inside of your lines aren't detiorating?

I used some qtips inside the line it was clean. Idk if that's good enough test to now sure the lines are good though.

For those with stainless filters what micron are you running?
My automotive only has a 40 micron ss filter is that fine ?

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
For those with stainless filters what micron are you running?
My automotive only has a 40 micron ss filter is that fine ?
You want to run a 10 micron filter. 40 is too large. A 10 will filter out particles 4 times smaller than your 40.

The paper element's work fine if you are getting good E85. My 04 Cobra had a paper 10 micron filter in it since 2009 and is still running one to this day. It's not the filter having issues. It's the pumps.

The only thing a stainless filter will help you with is if you get bad fuel that has water in it. Water and paper don't mix. If that's the case you have more issues than just the filter IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread