Did some body work today.

Brad

Banned
Decided to mess with body work today. Anyway I crashed into a tree/mail box last winter and put a nice size dent in my truck. Every part of this dent was a crease, sucks.

truck6.jpg

Anyway last night I got really sick of looking at it, so I pulled it off.

b1.jpg

I left the paint on the bumper so I could get a better idea as to the shape of the metal, its hard to tell what's going on with bare metal.

b2.jpg

Here it is after about 30 min worth of shaping and grinding.

b3.jpg

Another pic from another angle

b4.jpg

I couldn't control some of the high spots with just the hammer, so I had to heat up some areas to bang them back down, I've been working on it for about 2 hours so far.

b6.jpg

I sanded and cleaned the metal, then put a coat of bondo on there, then left for class around 1.

b7.jpg

Got back from class then sanded it a little more, and here is what it currently looks like with 2 coats of primer.

b8.jpg

I'm going to wet sand this in a couple of hours, then get a some base coat on there. I picked up the black from ford, so I'll get 4-5 coats of that on tonight, wet sand it in the morning, clear it out, wet sand, then polish it up.. I'll post pics of that tomorrow..

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
You have some skill and some cohones to attempt something like that my friend. Definitely a good thing you have two cars to drive! Makes it much easier.

Users who are viewing this thread