Did you pay ADM on custom orders of 13-14 Shelbys?

36382mm

Established Member
Just like the title states, curious how many people paid an adm on their CUSTOM orders. I plan on getting a new GT500 (if there will be such a thing) if I can get one without an ADM. Is ordering it the way you want it a full proof way of avoiding adm's?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
.....I'm not sure you understand how that works.

No.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
If there will be a GT500, I sure hope dealers do not gouge people and become greedy...Ford sets the prices for a reason, and therefore that should be the price! This adm trend on the 350s and R's better not become the norm

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
....where have you been? They've been the norm since 2000.

I have been buying new since 2010 and I never once paid adm except my '16 track pack 350...I know when the 07 first came out I heard they were, but I was younger then not even 22 yet!

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
I also just have this feeling that it is a matter of time that somehow ford or whoever will put an end to market gouging..I mean its pure greed, not happy making at least $3k on a brand new vehicle? Come on get real dealers

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
If people weren't willing to pay ADM's, there would be no ADM's. The buyer determines the price, not the dealer.
Yes this too is true, all it takes one with deep pockets who don't give a crap to ruin it for everyone else honestly..But I have noticed since this new gt350 has been out, the adm's are even more so

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Just like the title states, curious how many people paid an adm on their CUSTOM orders. I plan on getting a new GT500 (if there will be such a thing) if I can get one without an ADM. Is ordering it the way you want it a full proof way of avoiding adm's?
Please explain how it works.
Snoopy is correct that, in that if NO potential buyers are willing to pay ADMs, dealers will be forced to sell at/below MSRP. Unfortunately, history indicates that's simply not the case. Also note that ADMs were added to custom orders AND inventory vehicles alike. My experience, FWIW, indicates order contracts mean nothing so the only fool-proof way to avoid ADMs is to avoid dealers who play those games in favor of ones with a record of honoring contracts to sell at/below MSRP...

I ordered a 2013 Shelby at MSRP from Phil Long Ford Chapel Hills, Colo Spgs, CO on 18 Jun 12, paying a deposit and getting a "contract" for my order. For nearly four months, they told me mine was their "#1 of 3" allocations. They finally admitted (in mid-September) they didn't have an allocation for my order, which had somehow become "#3 of 2". They retained my deposit until 16 Nov 12. What became apparent was that other customers, willing to pay ADM, got the dealership's allocations. (DON'T PATRONIZE THESE CROOKED BASTARDS!)

Complaints to a variety of places including the dealership's parent company, Ford, the BBB, and the CO Attorney General's office did nothing to resolve the problem. Ford's LAME answer was that, despite the blue oval out front, dealers are independent franchisees over which they have no control. Obviously, a cop-out, since Ford could choose not to continue their relationship with unscrupulous dealers. The bottom line is that I hold little hope Ford will do anything to fix the problem.

In the end, I used the Internet and phone to locate similarly optioned cars from coast-to-coast. I contacted 20+ dealers, finding only 5 willing to make deals at MSRP. I explained my situation to each, agreeing to purchase from the first one to provide a written contract for an actual car and not just the promise of an allocation. Whitney's Value Ford in Elma, WA was the first to do so, going out of their way to make the long distance purchase a pleasant experience. (THEY WERE GREAT!)

For many stories about this kind of stuff, check out Dealers - the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I paid no ADM on my 14, which I ordered.
I had considered ordering a Raptor from the dealer I bought the 14 from.................till he said there would be ADM added.
Ford's MSRP has nothing to do with what a dealer chooses to sell a car for.
As long as there are people with more money than brains, there will be ADM !!

gasyone

Put Her In Jail!
Established Member
I paid $3k under MSRP for the 14 GT500 I bought. Then I became stupid and paid $6k over for the GT350...big mistake!!! Will never pay MSRP again I'll wait till price drops or pick up a used one and let someone else take the initial hit.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Please explain how it works.
It doesn't matter if it's on the ground or ordered....dealers only get a certain number of allocations and can sell them at what the market will bare.
I have been buying new since 2010 and I never once paid adm except my '16 track pack 350...I know when the 07 first came out I heard they were, but I was younger then not even 22 yet!
There's been ADM on vehicles for quite some time. Ford isn't the only brand that does it.
I also just have this feeling that it is a matter of time that somehow ford or whoever will put an end to market gouging..I mean its pure greed, not happy making at least $3k on a brand new vehicle? Come on get real dealers
It would violate our franchise agreement for the manufacturer to dictate what we sell products for.
Yes this too is true, all it takes one with deep pockets who don't give a crap to ruin it for everyone else honestly..But I have noticed since this new gt350 has been out, the adm's are even more so
Nah, they were out on the GT500s, Raptors, Cobras...hell, even PT Cruisers sold at $5k over MSRP when they first came out.

Snoopy is correct that, in that if NO potential buyers are willing to pay ADMs, dealers will be forced to sell at/below MSRP. Unfortunately, history indicates that's simply not the case. Also note that ADMs were added to custom orders AND inventory vehicles alike. My experience, FWIW, indicates order contracts mean nothing so the only fool-proof way to avoid ADMs is to avoid dealers who play those games in favor of ones with a record of honoring contracts to sell at/below MSRP...

I ordered a 2013 Shelby at MSRP from Phil Long Ford Chapel Hills, Colo Spgs, CO on 18 Jun 12, paying a deposit and getting a "contract" for my order. For nearly four months, they told me mine was their "#1 of 3" allocations. They finally admitted (in mid-September) they didn't have an allocation for my order, which had somehow become "#3 of 2". They retained my deposit until 16 Nov 12. What became apparent was that other customers, willing to pay ADM, got the dealership's allocations. (DON'T PATRONIZE THESE CROOKED BASTARDS!)

Complaints to a variety of places including the dealership's parent company, Ford, the BBB, and the CO Attorney General's office did nothing to resolve the problem. Ford's LAME answer was that, despite the blue oval out front, dealers are independent franchisees over which they have no control. Obviously, a cop-out, since Ford could choose not to continue their relationship with unscrupulous dealers. The bottom line is that I hold little hope Ford will do anything to fix the problem.

In the end, I used the Internet and phone to locate similarly optioned cars from coast-to-coast. I contacted 20+ dealers, finding only 5 willing to make deals at MSRP. I explained my situation to each, agreeing to purchase from the first one to provide a written contract for an actual car and not just the promise of an allocation. Whitney's Value Ford in Elma, WA was the first to do so, going out of their way to make the long distance purchase a pleasant experience. (THEY WERE GREAT!)

For many stories about this kind of stuff, check out Dealers - the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

A signed buyers order is a legal binding contract.

You had pretty shitty luck though.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Also correct me if I'm wrong supply and demand. Not that I agree with ADM but people who really want the car will pay it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
this thread is funny.

OP, go to communist China where Capitalism doesn't exist.. might have a better chance getting the same price as "everyone else."

Otherwise, quit being lazy and get out there and work for your best price like everyone else. Chances are, you'll find a deal somewhere.

Kapy

Established Member
this thread is funny.

OP, go to communist China where Capitalism doesn't exist.. might have a better chance getting the same price as "everyone else."

Otherwise, quit being lazy and get out there and work for your best price like everyone else. Chances are, you'll find a deal somewhere.

This for sure....
Took me over a year to find a MSRP deal and my car.
Come on OP, that is part of the fun.

Users who are viewing this thread