Diff Bushing Different Material

BigTunaDaBoss

Established Member
I have the FTBR kit ready to go in my Cobra. I understand that using the Delrin mounts will increase NVH for the diff mounts. Can I use the MM diff bushings or would this cause a stress point for a crack?

shurur

Established Member
I have the FTBR kit ready to go in my Cobra. I understand that using the Delrin mounts will increase NVH for the diff mounts. Can I use the MM diff bushings or would this cause a stress point for a crack?

The solid aluminium mm bushings are going to be just as "loud" as the ftbr solid.
If you are talking about the mm poly prothane front bushings and any solid rear bushing...that would be a mismatch that could cause problems.

If you are talking about the complete mm poly set..fine.
But that mount is the start of where the wheelhop begins.

I got talked into not putting in the mm solid mount for the poly mounts and regret it. I am just getting to the point now of getting the solid mounts in. I've had them in a box since 2007!

As stated..just get some dyno mat and line the trunk floor after you put the solid mount in.

fireman02

Established Member
I went the opposite route. I had the solid ftbr diff bushings and the gear whine drove me nuts. So I put MM poly diff bushings in. The rest is the full ftbr kit, and so far so good.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread