Diff cover???

Slow99x

Established Member
What is the other IRS diff cover that is made besides the FORE? I know there was one that I saw in a thread a while back but I did a search and I can't find it.

BTW: please do not respond "Just go with FORE, it's the best"
You are not helping

dsfelton

KB Powered!
Established Member
I went with the LPW. Fore is probably the best but the LPW is a quality piece. I studded the pumkin as well while installing the the new diff. cover. No more leaky covers for me.

Charles236

Established Member
If I recall correctly, BilletFlow also had a IRS cover that was made from a block of aluminum instead of being cast. But, I'm sure that either the Fore or the LPW are both excellent pieces and a great improvement on stock.

greengt88

Established Member
has anyone studded the 2 main caps that hold the differential in?? I did this in my SRA Foxbody, didn't know if i can do it to the IRS, if i can i will, cheap insurance. think they are $30-40.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
If I recall correctly, BilletFlow also had a IRS cover that was made from a block of aluminum instead of being cast. But, I'm sure that either the Fore or the LPW are both excellent pieces and a great improvement on stock.

both the billetflow and the fore pieces are made from billet aluminum

the lpw is cast

SWAMPMODULAR

FAIRWARNING
Established Member
very cool :beer:

if you can, please post up your results afterwards

also what diff mount will you be using?

Are you dropping the IRS? If you wouldnt mind maybe doing a quick write up on a install...

I will be using the MM diff bushing kit. And I will just have to see if I will have to drop the IRS, Some say yes the guy helping me says no, so we will see. I will take pictures as we do the install.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I will be using the MM diff bushing kit. And I will just have to see if I will have to drop the IRS, Some say yes the guy helping me says no, so we will see. I will take pictures as we do the install.

coolio

also did you buy through american muscle or direct from lpw? i think the price is similar

steve5575

Established Member
This may have been answered already but, does the MM bushing work with this LPW cover? The Fore is a beautiful piece but damn hard to justify the cost.

SWAMPMODULAR

FAIRWARNING
Established Member
^^ Well I have waited to get all the new bushings from MM. Derin on upper and lower and MM on everything else. So we shall see how the LPW cover goes once I get all the other parts in. I didnt wanna have to drop the IRS and not swap out all bushings. I will keep you guys updated.

Users who are viewing this thread