Difference between a 9 inch and 12 inch filter?

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
Guys, I tried doing a search, but found little. I have been thinking on going with a 12 inch K&N or any other open ended filter after talking with Jim@JDM. He has it on his car and the numbers speak for themselves. I currently have the 9 inch (I think it is an S&B, the one Steeda uses) on the car now, and was thinking if the 12 inch had any benefits? Is it worth it? I prefer open ended because I would guess it has a straighter airflow than a closed ended filter. I know the 12 fits SNUG in there, but it doesn't lay on anything and the end of the filter is right there when you take out the headlight. Just wondering if anyone had any results on these two types of filters?

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Re: Re: Difference between a 9 inch and 12 inch filter?

Originally posted by VetKiller
Three filter inches.

:rolleyes:

:lol: i knew that was coming. on my 12" k&n, the filter part only measures 10.5". the other 1.5" is the rubber mouth.

VetKiller

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Difference between a 9 inch and 12 inch filter?

Originally posted by FuShnickens
:lol: i knew that was coming. on my 12" k&n, the filter part only measures 10.5". the other 1.5" is the rubber mouth.

Do I win a prize?:beer:

maoun

Established Member
there's a huge difference in them guys, are you crazy? it's crucial to have those extra 3 inches....

.....when you're running more than 800hp

lol

m.

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
I take it by all the sarcasm that it is not worth it at all......I am happy with my time I just ran tonight anyway

Read it and weep:
R/T .700
60' 2.094
330 5.403
1/8 8.051
MPH 93.05
990 10.239
1/4 12.201
MPH 119.57 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Donald.... Since u already have the Amazon CAI just get the filter it self. U dont have to buy the 125.00 kit they have....just the filter it self.

Ant Knee can hook u up with the Filter it self..... :thumbsup:
Wished id talked to Ant Knee before id purchased the AR Kit.

Anthony@JDM

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
Don
Nice #'s man :thumbsup:
Get a set of drag radials knock 2 tenths off your 60 ft and you have a possibilty to run a high 11.
As for the filter we see a diffrence here on our cars, but if you want to wait till it is time to replace the current filter you have now then just upgrade to the 12".

Users who are viewing this thread