differences between the marauder and p71 crown vic?

T'Cal

Established Member
For the past two years, Ford rated the CVPI at 250 HP while the standard CV/GM/TC with duals are all still rated at 239 HP. I have read nowhere how they improved the rating. Where'd they find the extra 11 horses??

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
Its a Marauder-derived intake that increases the rating for 11 more horsepower...but the torque remains the same as the HPP-equipped P74 Crown Victoria at 287 lbs.ft. @ 4000 RPM.

DJP

Established Member
I think the Interceptors are one of the sweetess rides out there bang for buck. But I would'nt go crazy trying to mod it, it's built for one purpose and that's to cruise and pursue. Ofcourse it's got major limitations chasing down an M3, but in the right hands it's over the top respectable....Ever notice how fast they pull up on you? LOL.

I'm not sure what your looking for but modding a P71 into a quick car instead of it's intended purpose as a fast car is a waste of time JMO. How's bout a nice tune and maybe a little exhaust work and then pass it down to the grandkids :thumbsup: ......Think you can get that at InnovativeInteceptors.com. Good luck

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
Kenny Brown's Panther package used to turn a standard Vic cruiser into a supercharged bruiser, but I'm not sure if they do Crown Vics anymore, especially with the throttle by wire.

merc lover

Established Member
adtr.net has mucho performance parts for the vics..
a couple things you forgot-
blue high-temp silicone radiator/heater hoses
power steering pump cooler
aluminum driveshaft, which is shorter than the civvie vics, and has an extended tranny tailshaft housing(helps driveshaft vibration problems).

I am curious about those "frame stiffeners" you speak of....lol

There aren't too many differnces between the civvies and the PIs. A lot of people think they have "cop motors" or quad cams or whatever but the motors aren't much difference.
In fact, one of the first thing people do is to install a Marauder airbox.

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
I'm curious as to the torque convertor used currently on CVs. Seems I had read that the dual exhaust Vics gained the torque convertor from the Marauder as well. That would include the Sport, the LX HPP and the CVPI. Having driven both a standard Vic and the HPP Vic, it seems the shifter are much firmer and quicker so there must be some performance specs on the performance-tuned CVs.

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
What about a LS1 under the hood of a CV? My buddy has a '03 CVPI and wants a lighter engine, better fuel economy, and strong aftermarket support. He doesn't care about the fact that it's not a Ford motor, but I figured I'd ask here to see if there might be a better option that would keep it a full-blooded Ford.

He plans a T56 as well.

Grifter

Established Member
dunno.. i cant complain about the mileage in my Marauder..
22-23 city, 29 hwy..
i know its not the same motor as a CV, but still..

Zee

Established Member
Does anyone know what kind of work it'd take to put a 4.6 dohc in a crown vic besides the direct motor swap?

merc lover

Established Member
Alot of it depends on what year motor and what year car.
And it's alot(of work). And FWIW the DOHC with the aluminum teksid block is actually 25# lighter than an iron-block SOHC.

svtdriven

Established Member
In a lot of ways, as I've been looking around, if you were to get a crown vic lx sport, it is basically the same car as the police interceptor, but with a lot nicer interior options.

And you can do a lot of upgrades to that SOHC motor these days.

Users who are viewing this thread