• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

Difficult Hot Starts????

Discussion in 'Engine/Tuning' started by stangposse, Apr 4, 2010.

1. stangposse

stangposse Active Member Established Member

Several times today I had difficulty starting my '03 Cobra while the engine was hot. (210 degrees) Each time I would have to crank it for 6 or 7 seconds before it would finally fire. The car was cranking normally, just taking long to fire up. Everything else seems to be working fine...gauges normal, runs strong. (Stage IV Steggy, 60lb, BAP)

This is the first time I had this problem. Didn't seem to be an issue in last summer's 95 degree heat.

Are there any known causes/fixes??

(I tried doing a search, but this site was bogging badly and couldn't complete the search)

2. metaman

metaman Active Member Established Member

When mine was acting up on hot starts it was being caused by the EGR opening when it was not supposed to. I ended up replacing both the egr solenoid and the egr sensor. I think it was the sensor that did it. DPFE sensor is what they call it.

3. stangposse

Thanks for the help. Was your car also misfiring or running rough? I had read up on the DPFE sensor and most times when this part goes bad it usually resulted in the car running rough. Mine runs fine. Maybe it won't be for long? Not sure.

Anyone have other thoughts???

4. stangposse

????

5. Black306

Black306 Active Member Established Member

I noticed that after I deleted the PPRV hot starts have gotten worse. I make sure I cycle the switch once or twice and start cranking just before the fuel pump priming period stops. Otherwise if I try to start the car right away, it idles low and runs real rough for a few seconds.

6. LQQKOUT

LQQKOUT Member Established Member

Change your spark plugs.