• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
Discount Tire

Discount Tire Current Promotions

Discussion in 'Discount Tire' started by [email protected], Oct 13, 2009.

1. Matt@DTD

[email protected] Authorized Vendor Authorized Vendor

We apologize for the delay.

I suggest taking a close look at the Nitto Motivo. This model offers good handling in wet and dry conditions and is backed with a 60K mile tread life warranty. Here's the link with more details.

245/45R-20 Nitto Motivo

2. Boston Mike

Boston Mike New Member Established Member

I think optionally I can go to a 255/45-20.....................what are your thoughts on the Hankook Ventus AS (http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...11111&counter=0&ar=45&rd=20&vid=022581&cs=255). I know it says SUV or sport truck, but it comes up on my vehicle search?? Or these Nittos? http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...15289&counter=0&ar=45&rd=20&vid=022581&cs=255

3. cobra940

cobra940 Calgarian Cobra Established Member

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  4. Matt@DTD

The 255/45R-20 tire size will work on your SHO. Compared to the O.E. size, the 255/45R-20 is just under 1/2" wider and taller. The two tire models you noted in this size are geared for truck and SUV applications so you may see a decrease in MPG (heavier) and a slight decrease in performance handling.

The link you provided did not work. What wheels and tires specifically were you looking at?

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  5. Boston Mike

That's what I thought.............found it odd that they came up on a vehicle search...................looking at 255s, there's also some Good Year all seasons...............thoughts?? Also, as a vendor on here, are their SVTP discounts available?? I likely have to get something ordered in the next day or so as the car should be headed up in the air soon for the body repairs.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...17114&counter=0&ar=45&rd=20&vid=022581&cs=255

6. cobra940

cobra940 Calgarian Cobra Established Member

Here's a picture of the package

3F0B0399-8571-4FB2-9921-07F95A13D93D_zps0aodlz6j.gif

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2014
  7. Matt@DTD

The Goodyear A/S model you linked is a good A/S model but is on the heavy side. Any reason you want to move up from the factory tire size?

We do not offer forum member discounts but we do guarantee the lowest out the door price on all the products we carry. If a competitor has a cheaper advertised out the door price, we'll beat it!

Thank you for the additional information.

PM coming your way.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  8. Boston Mike

mainly more rubber on street, more contact.............no particular reason. The SHO is the wife's grocery getter. Main goal is to get out of the soft, summer tire (not looking to change tires every year) and into an AS that has some longevity without major performance loss.

9. Matt@DTD

You won't notice much change in the contact patch between the 245/45R-20 and 255/45R-20 size but the 255/45R-20 sizes are slightly more economical. That being said, I still suggest the Motivo for your needs. This model is all weather capable, provides good overall handling/comfor and is rated for 60K + miles. Here's the link with more details.

255/45R-20 Nitto Motivo

10. av8tr

av8tr New Member Established Member

I'm looking for a good daily driver tire/wheel (TSW Brookland?) combo for my 2014 GT Premium (non-Brembo). I pile on the miles with a long daily commute so a good tire warranty, quiet ride, all-season tire is preferred. Nitto-Motivo?
    I'm also wanting to choose a new wheel. I'm currently running 19's on stock suspension. Would I get a better bang for my buck by going to 20" wheels and tires or stay with 19". I don't want or need super high performance tires. I will eventually (later this year) drop the car on Eibach pro kit springs.

Last edited: May 15, 2014
  11. Matt@DTD

20" tires tend to be less expensive when compared to 19" tires and you won't see too much of a difference in total weight between a 19" combination and 20" combination. That said, a 20" combo is a good way to go and for what you are looking for out of your tires the Nitto Motivo is a great choice.

12. BLACKSN8KE1988

BLACKSN8KE1988 New Member Established Member

18x10 can you fit a 315/35/18 i hear of people running it. your the tire guys so what your opinion and do you carry M/T ET streets in 315/35/18 or 305/30/18. and what size tires would you rec to match both for the front 18x9.

13. Discount Tire

Discount Tire Authorized Vendor Authorized Vendor

^We don't stock M/T ET streets but your local America's Tire location may be able to order them in for you.

What year and trim is your Mustang and what are your wheel offsets?

14. redfirepearlgt

redfirepearlgt SIT BACK AND HANG ON !!! Established Member

Any specials shaking out on Nitto Nt05r DR series any time soon? Looking for 285/40/18's / qty - 2.

15. Matt@DTD

There are no current promotions running on Nitto products and no upcoming promotions that I am aware of. As always though, we guarantee the lowest out the door price on all the products we carry. If a competitor has a cheaper advertised out the door price, we'll beat it!

We are currently sold out of the 285/40R-18 NT05R. I checked availability with Nitto and as of right now there is no ETA. Was there an alternative model or size you were considering?

16. redfirepearlgt

redfirepearlgt SIT BACK AND HANG ON !!! Established Member

Nope. That was the one and only size interested in. Will check back. Thanks.

17. Matt@DTD

Glad we could help. If you find an alternative model you're interested in or have any further questions please let us know.

18. Thump_rrr

Thump_rrr Well-Known Member Established Member

Do you carry the Michelin Pilot Super Sport in 265/40-19?

19. Matt@DTD

Thank you for the post.

We do not stock the 265/40R-19 Pilot Super Sport but we can order order a set for you. I checked availability with Michelin and they have stock available for order. Our current mail order price on this model/size is $353.00 each with FREE delivery. Lead time on ordered product is typically 7 to 10 business days to your door. Give us a call at 1.888.459.4080 when you're ready to get the ball rolling and anyone of our sales agents would be happy to assist you with this purchase.

20. Fox 5.0

Fox 5.0 Member Established Member

Does Discount typically have a Labor Day sale? I will be needing tires soon but if there are big sales coming up I may just wait. Thanks.