Discount Tire Current Promotions

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Looking for recommendations/pricing for a good all season tire replacement (the summer tires just don't make it very long on the hot concrete roads of Texas). Gonna be getting two of the Goodyear Supercar summer tires replaced by insurance (met a curb avoiding a headon) but would rather put that money towards replacing all 4 to all seasons...................it's not a racer, so the summer tires are overkill.

Thanks!!

We apologize for the delay.

I suggest taking a close look at the Nitto Motivo. This model offers good handling in wet and dry conditions and is backed with a 60K mile tread life warranty. Here's the link with more details.

245/45R-20 Nitto Motivo

Boston Mike

Established Member
We apologize for the delay.

I suggest taking a close look at the Nitto Motivo. This model offers good handling in wet and dry conditions and is backed with a 60K mile tread life warranty. Here's the link with more details.

245/45R-20 Nitto Motivo

I think optionally I can go to a 255/45-20.....................what are your thoughts on the Hankook Ventus AS (http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...11111&counter=0&ar=45&rd=20&vid=022581&cs=255). I know it says SUV or sport truck, but it comes up on my vehicle search?? Or these Nittos? http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...15289&counter=0&ar=45&rd=20&vid=022581&cs=255

cobra940

Calgarian Cobra
Established Member
Last edited:

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I think optionally I can go to a 255/45-20.....................what are your thoughts on the Hankook Ventus AS (http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...11111&counter=0&ar=45&rd=20&vid=022581&cs=255). I know it says SUV or sport truck, but it comes up on my vehicle search?? Or these Nittos? http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...15289&counter=0&ar=45&rd=20&vid=022581&cs=255

The 255/45R-20 tire size will work on your SHO. Compared to the O.E. size, the 255/45R-20 is just under 1/2" wider and taller. The two tire models you noted in this size are geared for truck and SUV applications so you may see a decrease in MPG (heavier) and a slight decrease in performance handling.

Hey Matt,

looking to replace my OEM tires and wheels on my black 03 cobra, these caught my eye on your website;
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...tTypeId=4&v=007522|2003&productId=40314-23202

Can I get your thoughts on them and best deal you can provide?
the car is street driven with just the average bolt on's, only driven in the spring/summer season.

Thanks so much! Im located in Calgary AB Canada

The link you provided did not work. What wheels and tires specifically were you looking at?

Last edited:

Boston Mike

Established Member
The 255/45R-20 tire size will work on your SHO. Compared to the O.E. size, the 255/45R-20 is just under 1/2" wider and taller. The two tire models you noted in this size are geared for truck and SUV applications so you may see a decrease in MPG (heavier) and a slight decrease in performance handling.

That's what I thought.............found it odd that they came up on a vehicle search...................looking at 255s, there's also some Good Year all seasons...............thoughts?? Also, as a vendor on here, are their SVTP discounts available?? I likely have to get something ordered in the next day or so as the car should be headed up in the air soon for the body repairs.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...17114&counter=0&ar=45&rd=20&vid=022581&cs=255

cobra940

Calgarian Cobra
Established Member
Matt@DTD said:
The link you provided did not work. What wheels and tires specifically were you looking at?

Here's a picture of the package

3F0B0399-8571-4FB2-9921-07F95A13D93D_zps0aodlz6j.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
That's what I thought.............found it odd that they came up on a vehicle search...................looking at 255s, there's also some Good Year all seasons...............thoughts?? Also, as a vendor on here, are their SVTP discounts available?? I likely have to get something ordered in the next day or so as the car should be headed up in the air soon for the body repairs.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...17114&counter=0&ar=45&rd=20&vid=022581&cs=255

The Goodyear A/S model you linked is a good A/S model but is on the heavy side. Any reason you want to move up from the factory tire size?

We do not offer forum member discounts but we do guarantee the lowest out the door price on all the products we carry. If a competitor has a cheaper advertised out the door price, we'll beat it!

Here's a picture of the package

3F0B0399-8571-4FB2-9921-07F95A13D93D_zps0aodlz6j.gif

Thank you for the additional information.

PM coming your way.

Last edited:

Boston Mike

Established Member
The Goodyear A/S model you linked is a good A/S model but is on the heavy side. Any reason you want to move up from the factory tire size?

We do not offer forum member discounts but we do guarantee the lowest out the door price on all the products we carry. If a competitor has a cheaper advertised out the door price, we'll beat it!

mainly more rubber on street, more contact.............no particular reason. The SHO is the wife's grocery getter. Main goal is to get out of the soft, summer tire (not looking to change tires every year) and into an AS that has some longevity without major performance loss.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
mainly more rubber on street, more contact.............no particular reason. The SHO is the wife's grocery getter. Main goal is to get out of the soft, summer tire (not looking to change tires every year) and into an AS that has some longevity without major performance loss.

You won't notice much change in the contact patch between the 245/45R-20 and 255/45R-20 size but the 255/45R-20 sizes are slightly more economical. That being said, I still suggest the Motivo for your needs. This model is all weather capable, provides good overall handling/comfor and is rated for 60K + miles. Here's the link with more details.

255/45R-20 Nitto Motivo

av8tr

Established Member
I'm looking for a good daily driver tire/wheel (TSW Brookland?) combo for my 2014 GT Premium (non-Brembo). I pile on the miles with a long daily commute so a good tire warranty, quiet ride, all-season tire is preferred. Nitto-Motivo?
I'm also wanting to choose a new wheel. I'm currently running 19's on stock suspension. Would I get a better bang for my buck by going to 20" wheels and tires or stay with 19". I don't want or need super high performance tires. I will eventually (later this year) drop the car on Eibach pro kit springs.

Last edited:

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'm looking for a good daily driver tire/wheel (TSW Brookland?) combo for my 2014 GT Premium (non-Brembo). I pile on the miles with a long daily commute so a good tire warranty, quiet ride, all-season tire is preferred. Nitto-Motivo?
I'm also wanting to choose a new wheel. I'm currently running 19's on stock suspension. Would I get a better bang for my buck by going to 20" wheels and tires or stay with 19". I don't want or need super high performance tires. I will eventually (later this year) drop the car on Eibach pro kit springs.

20" tires tend to be less expensive when compared to 19" tires and you won't see too much of a difference in total weight between a 19" combination and 20" combination. That said, a 20" combo is a good way to go and for what you are looking for out of your tires the Nitto Motivo is a great choice.

BLACKSN8KE1988

Established Member
18x10 can you fit a 315/35/18 i hear of people running it. your the tire guys so what your opinion and do you carry M/T ET streets in 315/35/18 or 305/30/18. and what size tires would you rec to match both for the front 18x9.

Discount Tire

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
^We don't stock M/T ET streets but your local America's Tire location may be able to order them in for you.

What year and trim is your Mustang and what are your wheel offsets?

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Any specials shaking out on Nitto Nt05r DR series any time soon? Looking for 285/40/18's / qty - 2.

There are no current promotions running on Nitto products and no upcoming promotions that I am aware of. As always though, we guarantee the lowest out the door price on all the products we carry. If a competitor has a cheaper advertised out the door price, we'll beat it!

We are currently sold out of the 285/40R-18 NT05R. I checked availability with Nitto and as of right now there is no ETA. Was there an alternative model or size you were considering?

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Do you carry the Michelin Pilot Super Sport in 265/40-19?

Thank you for the post.

We do not stock the 265/40R-19 Pilot Super Sport but we can order order a set for you. I checked availability with Michelin and they have stock available for order. Our current mail order price on this model/size is $353.00 each with FREE delivery. Lead time on ordered product is typically 7 to 10 business days to your door. Give us a call at 1.888.459.4080 when you're ready to get the ball rolling and anyone of our sales agents would be happy to assist you with this purchase.

Fox 5.0

Established Member
Does Discount typically have a Labor Day sale? I will be needing tires soon but if there are big sales coming up I may just wait. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread