Discussion: Navigator swap Lightning with FR500C intake manifold

Recon

Established Member
As title says I’m interested in hearing how to make this work. After studying some photos of the Lightning engine bay, I’ve come up with 2 possible solutions. Either the firewall will have to be cut and modified to accept the intake manifold or the engine would need to be dropped with different engine mounts. Possibly both would have to be performed. Now another question is would the FR500C lower intake fit on a 5.4L? I know the FR500C 5.0L engine is a 4.6 block with 5.4 heads. Would the increase of deck height of the 5.4 block affect the fitment of the lower intake to the heads?
This has been on my mind for awhile now. I don’t own a Lightning but this would be what I’d want to do to one if I did have one. This is mainly to satisfy my curiosity and end my boredom. Any comments are welcomed.
My list: 5.4L 4V N/A swap, FR500C intake, stroker kit, really good flowing heads, high compression, aggressive cams, headers, and racing fuel.

Pick your poison.

Dusten

Established Member
As title says I’m interested in hearing how to make this work. After studying some photos of the Lightning engine bay, I’ve come up with 2 possible solutions. Either the firewall will have to be cut and modified to accept the intake manifold or the engine would need to be dropped with different engine mounts. Possibly both would have to be performed. Now another question is would the FR500C lower intake fit on a 5.4L? I know the FR500C 5.0L engine is a 4.6 block with 5.4 heads. Would the increase of deck height of the 5.4 block affect the fitment of the lower intake to the heads?
This has been on my mind for awhile now. I don’t own a Lightning but this would be what I’d want to do to one if I did have one. This is mainly to satisfy my curiosity and end my boredom. Any comments are welcomed.
My list: 5.4L 4V N/A swap, FR500C intake, stroker kit, really good flowing heads, high compression, aggressive cams, headers, and racing fuel.

Pick your poison.
4.6 intakes don't fit. But mmr makes adapters for coyote intakes to 4v heads.

That said, your going to only slow the truck down unless you're going road racing the na motor will never make the torque needed to get the truck really going.

Users who are viewing this thread