Dish Network dropped the Velocity Channel?!

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
I have Dish Network and the only other dedicated automotive channel besides Speed was the Velocity channel ( formerly HD Theater ) on channel # 364. Earlier today I was the Meccum auto auction on Velocity and then turned the tv off. This after noon I come back to find Velocity is gone and channel #364 seems to have been deleted all together, it's not even in the "All Channels" guide ( I have the Dish 250 HD package ).

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?topic=87222.0

I did some searching around on the web and found this thread on a dodge charger forum where a guide said he had the same experience and found the Velocity programming on test channel # 5710. I checked 5710 on my tuner and found Velocity programming there also but the channel guide only shows "TEST" so there's no telling what programs are going to be on?

I'm assuming there must be some sort of contract dispute going on between Dish & Discovery networks who owns the Velocity channel. I sent an e-mail to Dish network support so I'm waiting on a response.

Just curious if anyone else has had this issue even on the other providers?

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I just checked my Cox cable channels and I've got Velocity so maybe it is an issue with Dish/Discovery. You can't call Dish? That would be faster than having to wait for an email response. If you even get one. I can't tell you how many times I have sent an email question to a company and never got a response. Nothing like talking to a real person. Well, most of the time. LOL!

Chobbs1957

Channel 5710 has become my favorite stopping place! I love the automotive programming of Velocity, formerly known as HD Theater.

Doing some deep browsing, I discovered a listing that was not one of my available channels at channel 9421 for Velocity. I edited my user list to exclude all the channels between 5710 and 9421, since that was mainly more shopping, pay per view, and Sirius XM stations anyway. Now, when I browse, I can see what 5710 will have on by looking at the next channel above it, channel 9421. This helps me know what is on at all times, making easier not to miss "Chasing Classic Cars" or "Inside West Coast Customs", just two of my favorites.

I too have spent some time trying to figure out what I thought was a "Channel 5710 TEST" mystery.

One forum says that it is a mirror image channel of the Velocity Network by Discovery, formerly known as HD Theatre by the Discovery Network. Installers, for example, at my house first tuned mine to Dish Ch 101, then to an HD channel like 5710 to set the dish and fine tune the installation. That makes sense.

canibus

Established Member
I just got dish network, it's going back in the box. Saving a bit of cash was a good angle, but It doesn't make up for the crappy dish set up.

Users who are viewing this thread