Distinguished Warfare Medal SMH

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Panties in a bunch? No. Amused by your hypocrisies? Yes.

What thread have you been reading? I already picked apart what I thought was retarded in the Army along side my criticisms of the AF. I just find the AF side to be a little more ridiculous then the Army is all.

I know it sucks having someone attack your career field. Being a combat engineer I hear all kinds of shit from the infantry guys because of the Sapper tab. And honestly I think it should have stayed as a tab you secret wear under the flap of the front pocket. That way the only skill tabs worn on the uniform represent a SOF background in its history (even though going to Ranger School doesn't mean they are SOF). Oh and ignore the presidents hundred tab.

truefiveo

Established Member
What thread have you been reading? I already picked apart what I thought was retarded in the Army along side my criticisms of the AF. I just find the AF side to be a little more ridiculous then the Army is all.

I know it sucks having someone attack your career field. Being a combat engineer I hear all kinds of shit from the infantry guys because of the Sapper tab. And honestly I think it should have stayed as a tab you secret wear under the flap of the front pocket. That way the only skill tabs worn on the uniform represent a SOF background in its history (even though going to Ranger School doesn't mean they are SOF). Oh and ignore the presidents hundred tab.

Hey how about you get that dick out of your butt and maybe work harder and get some more schooling done, promote to the General ranks and one day your opinions about who deserves to wear what tabs and berets will actually matter:shrug:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
What is their side? I didn't figure there would be an issue.

Most infantry guys are not educated on what takes place in Sapper Leader Course. I find in most cases the majority only know that women are allowed to attend the course (since 1999 I believe) therefore its seen as being inferior to Ranger School and was only authorized as a feel good about yourself tab that women can earn. Sapper school is half the length of Ranger school, not as physically demanding but very mentally taxing because there is a lot of technical knowledge required in the course for engineer missions (mostly demo calculations and set up). The course still has a 50% washout rate with those who earn the tab and those who do not. Which is right about where Ranger School is.

Again I personally think it should have never been authorized for wear on the uniform. It was actually more prestigious in my eyes when a guy went through hell to get a tab that he has to conceal under the front flap of his BDU's. To me it meant he went for the leadership experience and the validation of combat engineer knowledge and proficiency, not because he wanted another neat strip of cloth on his uniform.

Hey how about you get that dick out of your butt and maybe work harder and get some more schooling done, promote to the General ranks and one day your opinions about who deserves to wear what tabs and berets will actually matter:shrug:

WTF is your problem? I can't or shouldn't have an opinion on the matter just because I'm an E-6 in a line company? Who do you think initially writes awards for the lower enlisted? Combat awards for valor are overwhelmingly awarded to soldiers in combat units, the same kind I'm in right now. In addition I'm commenting on something that is directly a part of my career field. The perceptions and opinions of soldiers from E-1 all the way to O-10 are equally important, they just happen to be concentrated on different things. If I didn't give a shit about what my lowest ranking soldier thought, felt, level of morale etc I would be doing him a disservice and that would make me a bad leader.

You actually outline the exact kind of thinking that 99.9% of every politician in Washington has about all the rest of us. Its that kind of leadership or lack thereof that has gotten this country in trouble. A good leader will listen the opinions of those on the ground, hear their experiences and learn their perceptions. That doesn't mean they will always appease to the masses, it just means that they will consider things from their perspective and make decisions based on the good of the force. Recent decisions like allowing women in combat arms jobs and this stupid ****ing medal for valor are the product of leaders seeking political gain and not what keeps us a strong fighting force. By the sound of it you getting out of the military was better for the force overall.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
So are all of these uav pilot/sensor operator positions active duty or are there reserve components who have these positions as well?

Just curious.

Mostly it is AD, but there are many ANG units as well (I'm in the ANG). Reserves I'm not sure about.

Geez guys can't we all just get along and focus all our malcontent against these silly video gamers:D

JetMech, no offense but as a 3D I hope I never have to work with you guys...:beer:

Haha you would love it! Seriously, there really is no divide between the AFSCs in our Ops Group. I was maintenance prior to this and we have it 10x better in Ops. I can only speak for our Guard unit, but we're really one big family. It was explained to me this way: The individual Guard units have to be a great place to work since we rely on local recruiting and word of mouth to fill our ranks, AD can be as shitty as they want (work scheds, morale, etc.) since AFPC just keeps feeding them bodies.

Users who are viewing this thread