Do I Need a New Motor Mount?

Snk-Byet01

Established Member
2004 SVT

I replaced the OEM dog bone with a CFM lower engine torque mount (Street). The smaller rubber bushing on the OEM mount was pretty much FUBAR. The symptoms I was getting was an engine vibration at idle that could be felt inside the car. I still have some vibration and maybe it is just from the poly bushings in the CFM mount.

Checking things over, I removed the plastic cap on the passenger side motor mount and pressed down on the rubber bladder. There is still some gel in the mount that moves around when I press on the covering but it is not totally full. Should there be total resistance from pressing on the bladder (should the bladder be totally filled with gel?) or am I okay with what I have? I don't see any visible evidence of leaks.

I have 173K+ on the stock mounts so it is probably the time to replace the remaining two mounts.

TIA

MustangMatt77

Established Member
I just replaced all 3, took about an hour and all my vibration is gone, the engine even sounds quieter.
All three were ripped and I really couldn't see the damage until they were out.
Got all mine through rock auto pretty inexpensive, and the driver front right is a hydraulic mount for the SVT, not solid.

2003SVTFreak

Established Member
No the bladder is not full you should be able to press it. If you hear and feel a loud vibration at idle then it's time to change them. But if no vibration let it ride. Goodluck

Users who are viewing this thread