Do I need a tune???

SmelchoMG

SmelchoMG
Established Member
I am wondering if I will need a tune or not. I have an 03 cobra. Right now it has a JLT Intake, Bassani cat back, FRPP rear diff, 26 spline input shaft, spec flywheel, spec 3 puck style clutch and a B&M ripper shifter. I have done the gas pedal mod and about to own a great set of H&R race springs. I know most of that has nothing to do with tuning. So I am currently purchasing an O/R Bassani X-pipe and wanting to polish my throttle body. Get rid of the notch and make it nice and smooth. I know a tune would get me the best results, but I don't want to tune it till I get my blower pulley. Would I be ok to run the Cobra with that on it? Any info would be great.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
yes you can run that setup without issues. Of course whenever you swap anything that changes fuel or air, a tune will help net the best results.

Like you said, I would wait until you do at least a pulley before tuning.

TRBO VNM

Well you said nothing about your existing midpipe. So I assume it is stock or has cats. Going with no cats will trip codes unless you can find MIL's.

SmelchoMG

SmelchoMG
Established Member
Thanks Troy!

And yes its a stock Mid-pipe. Talking to a member on here now and purchasing his non catted mid pipe. Can I buy the MIL's from lethal?

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thanks Troy!

And yes its a stock Mid-pipe. Talking to a member on here now and purchasing his non catted mid pipe. Can I buy the MIL's from lethal?

We've got MIL eliminators in stock with same day shipping. Give us a call if you have any questions or need to place an order.

Thanks,
Jared

Jefe

Established Member
If a pulley is in the immediate future then wait. The tune will wake it up but not worth paying for 2 tunes so close together especially with performance mods coming that require a tune

Users who are viewing this thread