do most cobra guys?

sniderboys23

Sleeper
Established Member
do the most of cobra guys not race other mustangs? i had a run in with an 03 04 around town and he wouldnt go for the longest time at our meets. then some of us guys finally got him to give me a run from a dig. i launch pretty good pull 2-3 cars but after he stopped spinning gained on pretty decent, but he has a lot more done to his car than i do plus the s/c'd . after it was said and done he was saying he didnt think i would get out on him like that? so was just wondering if most of the cobra owners thought the same?

DanTheMan18

Established Member
Well, you've got to think of how many dumb high schoolers come up wanting to race in a bone stock (ok, they might have flowmasters) GT. I've had it happen in my car, and I've been in my roommates car when he had a '96 mystic. It gets annoying, and it's not worth the time, risk, or the gas to prove that indeed, a stock GT is still below my Cobra on the food chain. That's no disrespect to the 2v's (or even 3v's), just the truth.

If a guy is persistant about running me, and doesn't come off as a dumbass, then I'll give him a run, because there's no telling what you'll find. The persistant ones are either stupid, or they have good reason to be stepping up.

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
You cobra guys do crack me up with the GT's are slow thing. I have a friend with a cobra with mods that is afraid to race me. Now I know I don't have a chance against KB's and whippled cobra's but I can hold my own against bolt-on and pullied cobra's.

Common

Established Member
You cobra guys do crack me up with the GT's are slow thing. I have a friend with a cobra with mods that is afraid to race me. Now I know I don't have a chance against KB's and whippled cobra's but I can hold my own against bolt-on and pullied cobra's.

:lol:

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member

reading comp owns you. re-read his post. then go back and edit and fix your response to him.

ANYWAYS! im not into cannibalism. I do like to pick on v6 camaro's because when im my DD v6 stang i always run into SS's and lsx's at lights. :bored:

musclefan21

Established Member
i would race any performance car without hesitation and mostly i raced against other mustangs, cobras.

and yes GT s are slow "generally with some exceptions"

Last edited:

drptitan

Established Member
I usually dont give them the time of day. Like stated, they see the cobra badge and everybody wants some. Its usually turns out a waste of time!!

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
reading comp owns you. re-read his post. then go back and edit and fix your response to him.

ANYWAYS! im not into cannibalism. I do like to pick on v6 camaro's because when im my DD v6 stang i always run into SS's and lsx's at lights. :bored:

Not really, I know what it says. I'm reading into what other people are saying. I'm not disagreeing with GT's are slow. I'm saying that just wait till you run into the wrong GT. Me I don't race but at the track, and that's where I like to surprise people. But alas I'm living in a dream world. Going to go back to dreaming that I beat a Cobra once.

canibus

Established Member
what's the point, you beat them and they keep wanting to go. quarter tank later and they're talking about all their future mods and that they have a friend who would smoke you. i just mind my own buisness on the road, sometimes i'll be in the mood to go through al that but very rarely. i respect mustangs all together, even if they're v6's cause i've owned one myself.

ViciousJay

Established Member
when you can/have butt raped most cars on the road you begin to ask "why bother with this car"

Common

Established Member
I'm not mad :banana: I like my car, could have bought a stock cobra for what I did to my car, and I'm happy with my purchase.

I must be blind, I thought your happiness was just flat out obvious to most.

Users who are viewing this thread