Do not buy from hoods4sale on ebay

steeda21

Mr. T
Established Member
DO NOT BUY FROM HOOD4SALE ON EBAY AKA LIBERTY FIBERGLASS.

Always keep in mind that you get what you pay for - and this company - Liberty, Champion, whatever they are calling themselves this week - has a HORRIBLE rep for selling hoods that need MAJOR work, MAJOR fitment issues and even fly off customers cars.

They are banned in Ohio from selling their products.

There are lawsuits against this company - perhaps why they change their name constantly

And they do not design their own products - they purchase aftermarket companies products and make a mold from those products.
Not just our products either - US Exotics, Cervinis (they even left Cervini's patent number in their mold!), SLP, etc. etc.

Here are some links to back up what I am saying....

Only to inform people that this is NOT the best place to purchase a hood....unless you are looking for major work to go along with that "deal" you are getting.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/wester...-familier.html

[ame=http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=273968]DO NOT BUY FROM CINCINATTI COMPOSITES - Corral.net : Ford Mustang Forums[/ame]

and then i found these posts:

[ame=http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=480075]DO NOT BUY FROM LIBERTY MUSTANG SUPPLY THEY ARE CINCINATTI COMPOSITES - Corral.net : Ford Mustang Forums[/ame]

http://forums.corral.net/forums/show...=480075&page=2

[ame=http://www.spokanespeed.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5454]Dont ever buy any fiberglass body parts from Liberty Fiberglass!!! - Spokane Speed[/ame]

[ame=http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=273968]DO NOT BUY FROM CINCINATTI COMPOSITES - Corral.net : Ford Mustang Forums[/ame]

THIS IS JUST WHAT MY BUDDY FOUND IN TEN MINUTES..

Here is the damage i suffered tonight.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/pics-videos-buffet-149/733281-my-new-hood-my-windshield.html#post10170240

Last edited:

03cobrah

Established Member
are you sure it wasn't that cobra r wing you had on the back that you didn't realize you were at the triple digits and it flew up?

lol jk bump

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Saw your thread detailing the damage to your car. Always try to find recommendations on companies you're dealing with, whether it's eBay or other. There are a lot of inferior products made for late model muscle cars, so always do as much research as you can before laying down your money. By the way, 'Hood4Sale' on eBay mainly sells coins. The fact that the seller's name implies they sell car hoods, but 95% of their auctions, at last over the past couple of months, was for coins, should be a red flag. The only auction I could find for a hood sale was a Private sale in October. :dw:

Last edited:

steeda21

Mr. T
Established Member
not being a smartass....but imagine if you had done that homework before you spent money on them.

:dw:

well you are being a smartass. imagine if you realized that was a waste of a comment. Dont you think i know that now? The reason i posted up this is so people on here will not do what i did

Planter

Banned
you'd think a judge could put an injunction against these jerkoffs from doing business considering all the trouble they've created, and the poor quality/ripoff craftsmanship.

hoods that fly off create a dangerous situation for both the driver and other motorists.

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
you'd think a judge could put an injunction against these jerkoffs from doing business considering all the trouble they've created, and the poor quality/ripoff craftsmanship.

hoods that fly off create a dangerous situation for both the driver and other motorists.

Hence the Company name changes and so forth.. there are always ways around rulings.

oldmodman

Established Member
Doesn't appear that they are selling a very well made product. Did the bolts pull out of the fiberglass due to there not being any metal reinforced plates laid into the fiberglass? I can't imagine that any manufacturer would think that a threaded hole into fiberglass are going to hold.

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
not being a smartass....but imagine if you had done that homework before you spent money on them.

+1

You're yelling and screaming about "Hoods4sale" but there's nothing for that place on ebay. "Hood4sale" in Ohio on the other hand has a bunch of negative feedback warning about the poor quality of their products. You might want to make sure that you're bashing the right company before someone sues you.

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
you'd think a judge could put an injunction against these jerkoffs from doing business considering all the trouble they've created, and the poor quality/ripoff craftsmanship.hoods that fly off create a dangerous situation for both the driver and other motorists.

lol, if that were the case, GM would have been out of business LONG ago.

steeda21

Mr. T
Established Member
+1

You're yelling and screaming about "Hoods4sale" but there's nothing for that place on ebay. "Hood4sale" in Ohio on the other hand has a bunch of negative feedback warning about the poor quality of their products. You might want to make sure that you're bashing the right company before someone sues you.

if there was no hoods4sale I am pretty sure you guys are smart enough to have figured it out by looking at all the crap i posted. sorry for putting a "s" in there.

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
I thought everyone knew not to buy cincinnati composite products 5-6 years ago? They been nothing but junk the whole time. cervini's or bust.

01-04Cobra

Established Member
Ok so the OP is pissed off and I agree that he should have digged in deeper before buying such item from "ebay", I almost did as well but since I went turbo I didn't need the cowl for the whipple. But some people when faced with the option to save a nickle, don't think of the consequences that could possibly follow, hence a flying hood.

My point is, let's take it easy on the OP, I'm sure he's learned the lesson.

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
i bought the 4" cowl hood..the wannabe 'ho fibertrends' hood. one of the threaded holes came completely out of the hood. the holes never lined up right to begin with. they refused to refund/replace it, they only offered to send extra hood hinges and told me to widen my holes with a drill.

Planter

Banned
Hence the Company name changes and so forth.. there are always ways around rulings.

maybe they need to not go after the company, they need to go after the owners, and tell the owners by name, to stop conducting business until they clear up their legal issues and their product.

Users who are viewing this thread