Do they listen.........

jmsa540

Established Member
Yeah, I wasn't happy to spend $200 bucks on pillows....
Funny...i'll never forget we got a box one day on our doorstep in Hawaii.

Somehow, someway...my less than 1 year old daughter ordered ALL the dr. Seuss stuff in my wife's cart on zullily.

We still don't know how that happened.

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Hunter98SVT

Maximum Over Rustle
Established Member
Funny...i'll never forget we got a box one day on our doorstep in Hawaii.

Somehow, someway...my less than 1 year old daughter ordered ALL the dr. Seuss stuff in my wife's cart on zullily.

We still don't know how that happened.

Haha! My brother ordered an XBOX when he was like 9. My dad was pissed but we kept it anyways.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
It happens to me all the time. Items that I talk about but don't do any actual searches for suddenly popping up in ads.

Yep. This. I don't have facebook but I do have instagram, which is pretty much the same thing.

My fiancee and I were out camping the other weekend and we have a BMW tent that she bought when she worked there. It's eye wateringly expensive, and was an absolute impulse buy but she was making good money back then and had no payments so it's whatever.

It's an instant tent, and it sets up in maybe 15 seconds (including taking it out of the bag). It's incredibly nice to use for that reason, as over priced as it was, I really like it.

We were talking about it with her family and someone brought up the questions if we would buy it again if something happened to it. I said, absolutely, but not one with a BMW logo on it, I would save a bunch of money and get the exact same style that wasn't branded.

Guess what the very next ads were on BOTH of our instagrams were for? That exact tent style. I can't remember having a camping ad on there.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Yep. This. I don't have facebook but I do have instagram, which is pretty much the same thing.

My fiancee and I were out camping the other weekend and we have a BMW tent that she bought when she worked there. It's eye wateringly expensive, and was an absolute impulse buy but she was making good money back then and had no payments so it's whatever.

It's an instant tent, and it sets up in maybe 15 seconds (including taking it out of the bag). It's incredibly nice to use for that reason, as over priced as it was, I really like it.

We were talking about it with her family and someone brought up the questions if we would buy it again if something happened to it. I said, absolutely, but not one with a BMW logo on it, I would save a bunch of money and get the exact same style that wasn't branded.

Guess what the very next ads were on BOTH of our instagrams were for? That exact tent style. I can't remember having a camping ad on there.

Same with me, no Facebook but I have IG. My wife and I were at a "Relax the Back" store my brother told me about, checking out their zero gravity chairs (incredibly cool BTW, but expensive). While we were there we looked at their Tempur-Pedic mattresses and talked with the salesman about a set. Later on when I opened up IG there it was in the first ad, Tempur-Pedic mattresses. This has happened multiple different times.

jrandy

Established Member
Companies are there to make money. If you aren't paying for whatever the service or product is, they are making money off of you.

However, if you are paying, they are still more than likely mining / selling data.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
It's funny you say that. Neil DeGrasse Tyson has talked about that before.

What are your thoughts on this?

The topic deserves its own thread. Statistically speaking it’s more likely we are in a simulation than not in one. Also being in a simulation would explain the Fermi Paradox and odd shit about physics.

Lastly if at any point in our species future we are able to create a simulation that is indistinguishable from reality and we decide to run it for research we will then have proven that we are already in a simulation.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Geo-fencing has gotten big in the car business. I can set alerts to when my customer's go on another dealer's lot...the second they step on the lot I can have a coupon sent to their phone only redeemable at my store.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Some apps on our phones are already using the mic to listen in on our conversations. If people took the time to read the huuuge user agreement it’s buried in the 100+ pages of bs.

blk02edge

Established Member
The topic deserves its own thread. Statistically speaking it’s more likely we are in a simulation than not in one. Also being in a simulation would explain the Fermi Paradox and odd shit about physics.

Lastly if at any point in our species future we are able to create a simulation that is indistinguishable from reality and we decide to run it for research we will then have proven that we are already in a simulation.
That is suggesting AI.. Even if we can create it does not mean that we are it... Also proving we are a simulation does not necesssarily prove GOD it would more likely prove creators weather you want to call them gods or creators. And we are getting awfully close to Scientology so... Im out

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
That is suggesting AI.. Even if we can create it does not mean that we are it... Also proving we are a simulation does not necesssarily prove GOD it would more likely prove creators weather you want to call them gods or creators. And we are getting awfully close to Scientology so... Im out

Huh?

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Living in a simulation would mean we are artificial, how do you consider one would live in a simulation.

If the simulation is good enough it’s indistinguishable from real life. Or the simulation just has to make you believe this is real life. If we are indeed in a simulation then we are artificial. Honestly though if we are simulated or not in the end it doesn’t matter.

Users who are viewing this thread