Do they listen.........

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
What!?

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Where have you been?

You can identify customers based on their digital foot print. Essentially know what they look at (generally speaking), and if they meander off to competitors stores/lots in all sorts of fashion. Whether it be for a car, mattress, TV, or whatever.

Anytime I visit parts store that aren't Autozone, I always get a coupon for AZ. It's not magic, it's just cookies/tracking.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
another super creepy example...

my wife was at Target a few weeks ago, saw a swimsuit she liked, and picked it up to look at it. She was by herself, phone was in her purse, did not verbally mention the swimsuit aloud at all, and never Googled it or looked it up on the website. All she did was see it, touch it, and walk away. The very same evening an ad for that exact swimsuit popped up on her Facebook feed.

Stanger00

Established Member
39f5d8820a62121971395665f7fc689a.jpg

Dominos wants me back. They must of just learned I DoorDashed round table pizza for lunch, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I'm bumping this up and I apologize if it pisses anyone off but I just had the holy grail, of what I would consider, them listening.

Yesterday, I was at the tailor with my fiancee getting a suit tightened up. I asked her if she was doing ok and she said her back was really bothering her, then said "do you think we need a new mattress?" I replied, "maybe, we can look after the wedding."

This morning I saw an ad on my instagram for a new mattress, one of the mail order ones, and thought it's a coincidence.

The next 7 ads were all different types of mattresses. I had 8 advertisements total of all different bed brands from a 3 second long conversation at the suit tailor.

I haven't even thought about or googled a mattress in probably a few years.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I'm bumping this up and I apologize if it pisses anyone off but I just had the holy grail, of what I would consider, them listening.

Yesterday, I was at the tailor with my fiancee getting a suit tightened up. I asked her if she was doing ok and she said her back was really bothering her, then said "do you think we need a new mattress?" I replied, "maybe, we can look after the wedding."

This morning I saw an ad on my instagram for a new mattress, one of the mail order ones, and thought it's a coincidence.

The next 7 ads were all different types of mattresses. I had 8 advertisements total of all different bed brands from a 3 second long conversation at the suit tailor.

happens to us all the time, same scenario. My wife and I can talk about something in person and bam, we both start seeing ads for those products on FB, IG etc...

GodStang

Established Member
Ya wife and I did a test. For like 5 mins we kept repeating in conversation something we had never looked up before. We kept talking about The Nest. Within 12 hours we had emails for ads of The Nest and ads down the side of SVTP had ads for The Nest and Facebook had ads for The Nest.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
I'm an Android user. The only social media apps I have are FB and Instagram. In my settings for these apps, under permissions, I have denied microphone access. Matter of fact the only permissions I have allowed is storage & camera. I never experience ads from just talking about things. I will see ads based on my google searches but that's it.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm an Android user. The only social media apps I have are FB and Instagram. In my settings for these apps, under permissions, I have denied microphone access. Matter of fact the only permissions I have allowed is storage & camera. I never experience ads from just talking about things. I will see ads based on my google searches but that's it.

Just changed mine to match. Thanks for the idea.

jmsa540

Established Member

Yep...

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.

Just did this on IOS.

Never even considered it a thing.

Turned off a few other apps too.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
We have alexa in 3 rooms in the house.

I keep telling the gf " lets do this to stop this"

...nope

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Me either and im an iphone user.

However, I do not have Instagram or Facebook.

Im wondering if its the phone listening, the aps listening (FB or IG), or both.

Users who are viewing this thread