Do they make covers for the negative terminal?

BLUEPSTU

Veni Vidi Vici
Established Member
I have had a little problem in the past with acid build up on the negative terminal and it has made the cable look a little rough. Does anyone know if they make covers for the negative terminal on the battery for the 03/04? Thanks for any info.

DRAGUL

Established Member
I bought new ones from Ford for my 01, they are both black in color. I do not remember if the have the positive or negative symbols on them.

BLUEPSTU

Veni Vidi Vici
Established Member
Yeah, I def wouldn't mind if it were two positive ones. I guess I was just wondering if any place sells them or if I have to order from Ford.

Couldn't you take a positive one and paint it with a high temp paint and use that to clean it up?

I bought new ones from Ford for my 01, they are both black in color. I do not remember if the have the positive or negative symbols on them.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I bought a positive and negative terminal cover, a battery blanket as well as a Motorcraft battery. So - yes, they make a negative cover and the parts diagram actually lists it. Turns out the cars didn't come with a negative cover, but one does exist. I ended up not using it since I want my car stock. They are cheap from Tousley.

BLUEPSTU

Veni Vidi Vici
Established Member
Gotcha. I was wondering if they originally came with a negative or not but after googling many engine bay pics, I was thinking they probably didn't. Thanks.

I bought a positive and negative terminal cover, a battery blanket as well as a Motorcraft battery. So - yes, they make a negative cover and the parts diagram actually lists it. Turns out the cars didn't come with a negative cover, but one does exist. I ended up not using it since I want my car stock. They are cheap from Tousley.

Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member
Or you could just get one of those pebble finish molded covers to cover the whole top of the battery, which looks the nicest inmo. That's what I run on mine and it is just held on with industrial velcro. Hides not only the terminals, but the wires and labeling on the battery.

here's mine

008-7.jpg

Last edited:

BLUEPSTU

Veni Vidi Vici
Established Member
I like that. Pm sent.
Or you could just get one of those pebble finish molded covers to cover the whole top of the battery, which looks the nicest inmo. That's what I run on mine and it is just held on with industrial velcro. Hides not only the terminals, but the wires and labeling on the battery.

here's mine

008-7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread