Do you think it is right that ALI is getting a medal of Honor?

AzDropTop

Established Member
Not sure why he is getting it since I just caught a quick blurb about it on the news. Seems lame to me since he dodged the military by becoming Muslim. Great fighter with amazing will, but the medal of honor???

2003 Silver

Banned
Hey maybe Tom Cruise will get one too....I guess he is getting it for getting his brains beaten into a pile of mashed potatoes. You should not get a Medal of Honor for playing a sport or draft dodging.......

Coiled03

Established Member
Hell no it's not right! I don't understand why everyone makes such a big deal out of this guy. He's a beat down, old boxer with parkinsons disease who hasn't done a damn thing for the world except make it popular to talk shit all the time. Why the hell should he get a medal of honor?

UCBeau

as in the Congressional Medal of Honor? hell no he shouldn't get it. real heroes should get it, men who fought and died for this country. not ex boxers

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
as in the Congressional Medal of Honor? hell no he shouldn't get it. real heroes should get it, men who fought and died for this country. not ex boxers
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

dirtybird

Established Member
are there any links to news about this, it seems completely absurd. hopefully he's not getting the medal of honor because he didn't do shit to earn it.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:

+2

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
No, he didn't get the Congressional Medal of Honor. He was given a Presidential Freedom Medal. Even so, I'm not sure what Ali did to promote freedom. Essentially, the Presidential Freedom medal (like so much in Washinton) is political BS.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Ali is a douche if you ask me. I can't stand him.
Why does he deserve the medal of honor>??? I can't think of a single reason. -Mat-

DCAN87

Established Member
The reason you can't think of a reason is because there isn't any.

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
Okay, he dodged the draft. And whether the war was right or wrong, his country called on him and he ran away scared. If I had to go to Iraq right now, I would. I wouldn't like it, but I'd do it. There are over 2,000 dead US soldiers that deserve this honor in their name more than him. In sumation: no, he does NOT deserve it and it is NOT right for him to get a medal of honor.

-Mike

Lt.FrankBullitt

Established Member
Cassius Clay...his real name..... does NOT deserve any type of medal or award...during Vietnam he refused to serve his country and went to jail.....enough said

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
Or he stood up for what he believed was wrong. Even though it meant jail time, the loss of his title, his reputation etc. You all make it seem like the man made out because he didn't go. It's so very nice that all of you will drop what you're doing on a whim to fight for any cause because somebody above said it was the thing to do. How many of you can say you would of/ could of done the same thing? Maybe ya haven't realized it yet but there is a very big difference between the revolutionary war, WWI, II and vietnam/Iraq part 2.

SaleenStang96- what are ya waiting for the Armies your Huckleberry- enlistment is at an all time low, or is that not enough of a 'need' in your opinion.

SSCOBRA03

Established Member
You also have to take in consideration the way african americans were being treated at the time. They couldn't eat or drink at certain places but we expected them to fight for us?

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
E. Green Cobra said:
enlistment is at an all time low
even though we are denying re-enlisments and kicking people out alot? the whole "blue to green" program comes to mind... also, all the services have cut the recruitment goals drastically.

Users who are viewing this thread