Do youuu wanna Build a Cobra R'......

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Need the 2" piece of 7/8" hose to go from the step down to the degas bottle? I just bought 6' needing 2", I have some extra.....

\
Some things i have had to make, pictured here is the coolant degas hose step down that is literally impossible to find..... so make one, was my only option

David Isaacks

Established Member
Todays update.... Moving on to Chasis re-work, bracing, andddd IRS swap/build

Theres a lot to cover here!

I saved over $700 in materials alone doing the chasis bracing myself, it was a hell of a project.... one of those that you THINK is cake work until you find yourself halfway through the project and overwhelmed. Lol

I used
*2"x2" at .120" wall for the Through car subframes
*2"x1" at .120" wall for the lower subframes
*2"x1.5" at .080" wall for the lift rail supports
And 3/4" sch 40 pipe, with 1" sch 40 couplings to tie it all in

The car had 140k miles on it prior to tear down and the undercarrige was FILTHYYYYY!!!! I personally like to use OilEater degreaser on my projects, i find its VERY strong and gentle at the same time...... for this cleaning, i actually diluted it 3 parts degreaser 1 part water, broke out the scrub brushes and yes even tooth brushes!

Hang with me as this project is still in constriction phase

David Isaacks

Established Member
Now that the chasis bracing was complete.... i wanted the car to look as factory as possible, being a texas car that is hardly driven i opted to use Rustoleum implement paint..... i took the time to figure out the proper mixes to MATCH the factory E-coat green, i also did this with the Performance red..... you will see why in a bit

Rainmaker

2highPSI
Established Member
The car itself went through TWO builds.... i finished the first build in a few months, and wasnt happy with it. I had fibally decided the R theme build needed to come all the way back down and be built back up correctly, with OEM R' parts and attention to detail like no other clone.

Here are a few shots of it being built up the first go aroundView attachment 1692120 View attachment 1692121 View attachment 1692122

Where did you get those gunmetal 00 R's?

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
Geeze this page is dead these days.... got some working on with the car, currently building/designing my own exhaust MidPipe.

Starting point...

Is this similar to the MAC Pro-Chamber? I had one on a Foxbody and really liked the sound.

wckdvnm

Established Member
Is this similar to the MAC Pro-Chamber? I had one on a Foxbody and really liked the sound.

Asked him about it on Instagram and he never replied. Maybe he’ll reply to you here, I was curious as I know material plays into sound resonance. Just wondered what a stainless version would sound like compared to what Mac used to offer.

Users who are viewing this thread