Does anyone else not have blind spot mirrors?

OrangeCompete

Roadrunner
Established Member
Hello guys,

The 2012 and 2013 Boss 302s (including LSs) did not come equipped with Integrated Blind Spot mirrors. Only the 2012 and 2013 GTs did and it was standard equipment as follows:

Mirrors – Body-color, Dual Power with Integrated Blind Spot Mirror

I Hope this helps.

Deysha

My CO 2012 has blind-spot mirrors...one of the first off the line, took delivery in March '11.

Last edited:

Cobra700

Established Member
My '12 #1863 has them.....

DC95BB56-1E63-4847-BFEF-B4693B803FC1.jpg

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member

_Snake_

Established Member
You officially have unique Boss 302s, guys! These are considered mis-builds, so welcome to the “Extra Special Boss 302 Club!” :coolman:

Deysha

Deysha -- could you please clarify what these mirrors look like? Earlier in the thread someone posted a pic of a mirror that had "objects in mirror are closer than they appear" across the bottom. That's not what we're talking about, is it?

Mach828

Established Member
Deysha -- could you please clarify what these mirrors look like? Earlier in the thread someone posted a pic of a mirror that had "objects in mirror are closer than they appear" across the bottom. That's not what we're talking about, is it?

Its the small mirror in the upper right corner as shown in the pic.

DC95BB56-1E63-4847-BFEF-B4693B803FC1.jpg

world famous z

Established Member
I think these were stopped on the Boss for 2013? I've yet to see a 13 Boss with them. Mine is #1295, 2013, I do not have them, but a few of my friends' 2012 have them...

dsp

Established Member
I think these were stopped on the Boss for 2013? I've yet to see a 13 Boss with them. Mine is #1295, 2013, I do not have them, but a few of my friends' 2012 have them...

Yeah they stopped for 2013, like aircare said a while back, the spotter mirrors are on the standard 2012 Bosses only, not on the 2013s or any LS. Integrated spotter mirrors are shown on the window sticker for the 2012s so it would seem they are supposed to be there.
Unlike the OP, I have never seen them on a 2013.

ford20

Established Member
Yeah they stopped for 2013, like aircare said a while back, the spotter mirrors are on the standard 2012 Bosses only, not on the 2013s or any LS. Integrated spotter mirrors are shown on the window sticker for the 2012s so it would seem they are supposed to be there.

thud.gif

Yes ... let us completely ignore what the person who works for Ford and can look up the requisite information has to say ......

thehueypilot

Established Member
My original window sticker says "integrated spotter mirrors" which is listed under standard equipment included at no extra charge.

Tim

dsp

Established Member
thud.gif

Yes ... let us completely ignore what the person who works for Ford and can look up the requisite information has to say ......

Yeah, because they can't be wrong. I've yet to see a 2012 Boss (non LS) without the spotter mirrors, including the one I drove at Track Attack, guess there are a lot of mis-builds out there...
I've seen a few window stickers and they all say "integrated spotter mirrors", wonder why they would be listed as standard equipment if it isn't.

Seems hueypilot sees the same thing on his sticker.

Last edited:

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
Its the small mirror in the upper right corner as shown in the pic.
No, _Snake_. As Mach828 mentioned, it’s the small mirror at the top right of the side mirror.

I understand you may not believe me, guys. I double checked this information with my contact at FRAP. And yes, the 2012 Boss 302s you see with the blind spot mirrors are mis-built units. They were NOT supposed to have them, so once it was realized, we stopped building the vehicles with them.

Deysha

Last edited:

_Snake_

Established Member
No, _Snake_. As Mach828 mentioned, it’s the small mirror at the top right of the side mirror.

Deysha

Holy crap. How'd I miss that? :lol1:

I'm so used to driving a truck that I briefly looked along just the lower edge of the mirror. Thank you both!

rickmaura@embar

Beemer
Established Member
None on my 2012 LaGuna. However, I thought of replacing the mirror glass with mirror glass having the blind spots, but you have to carefully pop off the existing mirror glass and replacing with the mirror glass having the blind spot. Didn't do. What I did do was replace the inside mirror with a mirror having the built in garage door opener and compass and night tinting. It was well worth the effort.

HeLLFiRe xx

Run your car, not mouth.
Established Member
None on my 2012 LaGuna. However, I thought of replacing the mirror glass with mirror glass having the blind spots, but you have to carefully pop off the existing mirror glass and replacing with the mirror glass having the blind spot. Didn't do. What I did do was replace the inside mirror with a mirror having the built in garage door opener and compass and night tinting. It was well worth the effort.

where did u get that and how much was it... i would like to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread