Does anyone have an SCT Xcal2 Flasher?

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
Looking for more info on these other than marketing hype. I'm interested in getting one.

Do you have just the flasher, or flasher and software for computer? Is the software pretty easy to use or is it clunky/non-intuitive?

Do you have a wideband? If so, which one?

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
I have the xcal2 I like it.
but you will have to buy the software from sct if you want to tune the car yourself.
you can download live link for free its fun to play with.

Venomous281

Texas Bandit
Established Member
I have a SCT Xcal 2 and Pro Racers Package 3.0 and i dont know how to use any of it. LOL i ordered the book on how to tune my car. The XCAL2 is easy to use though.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
can you do tuning on just the xcal? mind telling how much you paid for the software? i know the xcal is like 399$ (cheapest i found)...

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
just buy an xcal and get someone who knows what they are doing to tune it for you before you blow your car up. That simple.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
1996MysticSnake said:
just buy an xcal and get someone who knows what they are doing to tune it for you before you blow your car up. That simple.

:shrug: dumbass.

all i want to know is if you can change the same settings on the handheld as you can in the software.

I'm trying to get out of spending another $500 on a retune if i can spend $400 and be able to change a couple settings later on down the road.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Doug said:
:shrug: dumbass.

all i want to know is if you can change the same settings on the handheld as you can in the software.

I'm trying to get out of spending another $500 on a retune if i can spend $400 and be able to change a couple settings later on down the road.

Doug, you can only change a few parameter without the Pro-Racer package. The xcal2 alone allows for limited cahnges to the a/f ratio and timing. you can also change the fan settings, rev limiter and a couple other things. IF you ahve a 99/01 you could set the speedo and also the two-step. LiveLink allows you to data log everything and is an excellent tuning tool.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
na svt said:
Doug, you can only change a few parameter without the Pro-Racer package. The xcal2 alone allows for limited cahnges to the a/f ratio and timing. you can also change the fan settings, rev limiter and a couple other things. IF you ahve a 99/01 you could set the speedo and also the two-step. LiveLink allows you to data log everything and is an excellent tuning tool.

Thank you! that's all i needed to know :) Cause I think i can get out somewhat cheaply. I'm thinking I can have the tunes loaded from my flip chip onto the Xcal and then really all i need to adjust is timing, a/f, and a few other small things. I can buy a cheap wideband off the local turbo nerd herd, or at least borrow for a couple days.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Doug said:
Thank you! that's all i needed to know :) Cause I think i can get out somewhat cheaply. I'm thinking I can have the tunes loaded from my flip chip onto the Xcal and then really all i need to adjust is timing, a/f, and a few other small things. I can buy a cheap wideband off the local turbo nerd herd, or at least borrow for a couple days.

The Xcal will work for ya as long as the tunes are close. I think the a/f ratio is adjustable +10 and -5 (%)and the timing is +5 and -10 (%)...or something like that. A decent wideband is pretty cheap insurance and can save the motor if it has an idiot light on it.

Last edited:

Venomous281

Texas Bandit
Established Member
I paid about 900 for both from modular depot. I wanna buy a sniper kit to tune my sisters L, my friends 98 GT and my other friends 01 GT. If i charge both GT's 200 a piece thats like tuning the L FREE.

khris99s

floridasfastcars.com
Established Member
I have the Xcal2 for the "L" and love it.

Brother-in-laws Termi he has and Xcal2 also.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
F8tlByte said:
Not to hijack the thread, but do you really get a noticable power gains from these things?

The Xcal2 is best used for storing and making minor adjustments to a dyno or custom mail order tune. It can also hold three different tunes, examples would be (93 octane tune, race gas tune, valet, nitrous, etc.) and you can load them in a few minutes.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
the tunes should be pretty close. I think just timing and a/f need to be adjusted since I fixed the IMRC plates and have more compression.

when racing (street racing) i'm told that when i hit it there is a big cloud of black smoke. my gas milage is kind of down, too.

Users who are viewing this thread