Does ford need a new CEO?

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
There are apparently companies that will sell a sync 3 upgrade kit for cars with sync 2, but the one site I looked at it was about $2k for my explorer. I'd rather buy a phone mount lol.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
There are apparently companies that will sell a sync 3 upgrade kit for cars with sync 2, but the one site I looked at it was about $2k for my explorer. I'd rather buy a phone mount lol.
I've had both and it's not worth it.

Any dollar amount.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think it's much better.

I also think it looks a lot better.

Just not $2k better.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I'd say of any maker, tesla aside, Ford is the most advanced with technology. They do need to get their In Car Entertainment better though.

Sync3 has been a big improvement from my experience, but I also didn't have any issues operating the past Sync systems.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I don't really have an issue with the MFT in my explorer, or the basic sync 1 in my focus. The MFT just has outdated maps and the directions aren't always the best which is why a sync 3 upgrade is a draw. I won't spend 2k on it though. Maybe prices will drop as more sync 3 units are made.

281CJ

Established Member
Couldn't be the phone I guess? And bravo for comparing shit from 3 years ago to today.
Of course, I am. 3yrs isn't a long time when it comes to car infotainment.

I also doubt the issue is his iPhone 6, or my moms, or any of the phones I've tested with it:
Nexus 5x
Nexus 6P
Pixel XL
Samsung S6
Samsung S6+
Samsung S7 Edge
LG G5
Brothers iPhone 5S
Moto G4
Sony Xperience Z5

Yes, I go through a lot of phones. All pair fine. All make calls, NONE ever show up as a media source after first pairing if the truck is restarted. Only way to make them show up again is to re-pair again.

Last edited:

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
You didn't think sync 3 with apple car play was much better?
Well, not yet but I guess there is an update available.

It's really glitchy compared to 2 but I think it could have something to do with my car being built in Germany. I don't think the system is the exact same as the US built cars, as updates for our cars seem less frequent than they do for the US cars. Or maybe it's that we don't have the same support as the US build cars.

I also don't have Car Play, my RS is an early build and didn't come with the necessary hardware for it and it's $100 to buy.

Streaming music works fine for a while but at some point it will just disconnect. I suppose it could be a phone issue as well, but I've never had an issue with my iPhones and sync until now.

Also, I wasn't happy that we couldn't change the background like we could with 2 but I found if you set the display to "night mode" it's much more attractive.

I do appreciate the speed of it though. It's a rocket ship compared to 2.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Well, not yet but I guess there is an update available.

It's really glitchy compared to 2 but I think it could have something to do with my car being built in Germany. I don't think the system is the exact same as the US built cars, as updates for our cars seem less frequent than they do for the US cars. Or maybe it's that we don't have the same support as the US build cars.

I also don't have Car Play, my RS is an early build and didn't come with the necessary hardware for it and it's $100 to buy.

Streaming music works fine for a while but at some point it will just disconnect. I suppose it could be a phone issue as well, but I've never had an issue with my iPhones and sync until now.

Also, I wasn't happy that we couldn't change the background like we could with 2 but I found if you set the display to "night mode" it's much more attractive.

I do appreciate the speed of it though. It's a rocket ship compared to 2.

I didn't realize the Sync in the RS was different. Thats rather odd that a US bound car would have a different system. Its also odd they didn't include everything for car play/android auto.

I would bet its a firmware issue with sync rather than a firmware issue with your iphone, but who knows.

I didn't know you could change the background in 2 lol. I'll have to look into that.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I didn't know you could change the background in 2 lol. I'll have to look into that.
Lol yeah the first thing I did when I got the car was make it a picture of my girlfriend's boobs. I sent her a picture and told her I was talking it to my parent's house to show the car off.

She didn't like that lol.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Lol yeah the first thing I did when I got the car was make it a picture of my girlfriend's boobs. I sent her a picture and told her I was talking it to my parent's house to show the car off.

She didn't like that lol.

hahaha. Thats hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread