Does SVTOA condone name calling and personal attacks?

Jersey Vics

www.SVTregistry.com
Established Member
To the moderators first, if this is in the wrong forum please feel free to move it, and if you feel it is inappropriate by all means please close or delete this thread. But I would like an opportunity to defend myself and don't feel like paying $47 for an SVTOA membership to do it.

One of the members of this forum e-mailed me today with this link: http://www.svtownersassociation.com/svtoaforums/showthread.php?t=12297

In case it gets deleted on that site, here's the quote:

Originally Posted by NJStangFan
Originally Posted by WD40
It's too bad someone already has the "SVTRegistry" domain name though.

Yeah and the kid is a dick. I've had dealings with im in the past and wouldn't hit the brakes if he stepped out in front of my vehicle...

------------------------------
2001 Black/Black Cobra Coupe #3062 of 3867 (1 of 979 black)
301.51 RWHP 312.72RWTQ
13.623 @ 102.84
V.P. for Events Coordination Central Jersey Mustangs & Fords and Assistant Director of the Delaware Valley Chapter of the SVTOA My Home Page

This is posted on the SVTOA forum by this moron:
JamieShelby2.jpg

(the scumbag on the left obviously not Carroll Shelby)

Now the question I have to this SVT enthusiast community, why would someone be stupid enough to post something like this in an open forum, in official capacity being an officer of SVTOA and clearly engaging in unethical activity of namecalling and worse threatening bodily harm to another individual?

The sad part is I have never had any dealings with this fool. There was a time in the past when I briefly became a member of CJMF but that lasted until my membership expired a month or two after I paid my dues. I was a broke college student and didn't appreciate the fact that my annual fee didn't get me my money's worth. And even then I only dealt directly with Tony Malgapo the president of the club.

I like how other people responding to that SVTOA threat immediately turn on my web site after reading their officer's outrageous claims. My registry idea was born on this forum: SVTperformance.com back in 2001. I developed it with the help of many many owners from this forum. And when i decided the site was too much to deal with SVTperformance.com took over the registry for a long period of time. I relaunched the site on my own again in 2005 and members of SVTperformance.com were kind enough to give me back the domain name and the site enjoys excellent growth again thanks to the help of these forum members who have even helped me start another registry for the Mopar crowd!

In that period of time I have never profited from the web site and always paid any bills out of my own pocket. I have never forced anybody to join the site and have always been flexible with people to make everything work to their liking. I have contacted SVTOA many times before to possibly work together and let my site be at their disposal but nobody cared to ever reply. Now this shit surfaces right on their official forums, WTF?

What pisses me off is the fact that everyone wants your money to show that you're an enthusiast... and thats just unfair. That's why my "unofficial" SVT registry has always been FREE. I don't need people's membership or a personal forum for my site to see that they're a big enthusiast, if they send me nice pictures of their car I could see how enthusiastic they are, and other people that visit my web site could certainly agree. I don't need to publish an official book for $200 bux to display information that can be found on the site for free either...

If I was ever a "Dick" to any of you guys, I'm sorry!

But I will not take bull from some loser who bashed me for no reason. And since Jamie is a member of this forum, at least he can post a response to defend himself if anything above is inaccurate.

--Russ :dw:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i wouldnt exactly call that "threatening with physical bodily harm", its just an expression really. like "i wouldnt piss on him if he was on fire". you wouldnt feel "threatened" by that would you?

and i doooont think youre going to get much sympathy from these A-holes on this forum about you being called a "dick". be ready to be called a puss. not that im calling you one or anything. just saying, this forum is 1000x rougher than SVTOA, lol.

you own the site, you make it free for the enthusiasts, thats great :beer:

if somebody has a problem with your site or how you run it, let them go start their own registry and put their own blood, sweat and tears into it. tell them to go DIAF and forget about it.

Jersey Vics

www.SVTregistry.com
Established Member
I'm well aware that the consequences of this response would be far greater than the original post by NJStangFan.

But like I said I won't take shit from nobody.

--Russ :p

Jersey Vics

www.SVTregistry.com
Established Member
like you wouldn't do the same if someone talked smack behind your back

hardly crying over here, but pissed nonetheless

oh well... I'd feel worse if I didn't say something so I'm satisfied

--Russ

My94GT

Established Member
i wouldnt get so uptight about what one person on the net says about you. take a step back and remember opinions are like assholes everyone has one. so dude thinks your a dick oh well

RedfireVNM

Ahnald, GET TO THE CHOPPA
Established Member
Jersey Vics said:
like you wouldn't do the same if someone talked smack behind your back

hardly crying over here, but pissed nonetheless

oh well... I'd feel worse if I didn't say something so I'm satisfied

--Russ
Actually I wouldnt because I graduated high school in 2004, but this straight up sounds like middle school shit...grow up dude, just because someone "talks shit behind your back" doesnt mean that you have to cry on the interweb to us about it...

Jersey Vics

www.SVTregistry.com
Established Member
like mentioned above opinions are like assholes

you wouldn't get into a pissing match on the interweb and I am

glad you're taking such a personal attention to it

i'll be sure to stop crying and start growing up just because you said so

thanks!

--Russ

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
Seriously dude. It's the internet for gods sake. It's not like the dude walked up and bitch slapped you. Get over it.

Jersey Vics

www.SVTregistry.com
Established Member
Well, Internet or real world my response would be the same. Shoot first ask questions later.

If someone bitch slapped me in person you better believe that I wouldn't just stand there and take it.

If someone knows I have an SVT fan site and they trash talk it, especially if they weaseled their way into the official SVTOA organization and utilize their resources doing it... which means people will actually believe the idiot because he's got all sorts of "official" identifying positions listed in his signature... I'd say the least I could do is defend myself, regardless how it "looks"

--Russ

Misfitflesh

Established Member
Jersey Vics said:
Well, Internet or real world my response would be the same. Shoot first ask questions later.

If someone bitch slapped me in person you better believe that I wouldn't just stand there and take it.

If someone knows I have an SVT fan site and they trash talk it, especially if they weaseled their way into the official SVTOA organization and utilize their resources doing it... which means people will actually believe the idiot because he's got all sorts of "official" identifying positions listed in his signature... I'd say the least I could do is defend myself, regardless how it "looks"

--Russ

ill totally agree with you if you let us see that chicks boobies :thumbsup:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Being around for both sites almost entire lifespan, I can see how offense was taken, especially since the site was done out of love for the SVT product line and out of pocket. I too, would probably be offended by the words, not because of the words specifically, but because of the person and that 'stature' that person has within a specific club that is suppose to be run by 'fellow enthusiasts.'

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
RTStabler51 said:
Being around for both sites almost entire lifespan, I can see how offense was taken, especially since the site was done out of love for the SVT product line and out of pocket. I too, would probably be offended by the words, not because of the words specifically, but because of the person and that 'stature' that person has within a specific club that is suppose to be run by 'fellow enthusiasts.'

I can understand and appreciate that.

To the OP. But at the same time, don't let it get to you, man... It's only 1 jackasses opinion. Shrug it off. He's afraid to come over to SVTP and play in Smack Down.

Jersey Vics

www.SVTregistry.com
Established Member
RTStabler51 said:
especially since the site was done out of love for the SVT product line

I dunno about love... I'm sure someone will be posting the SNL Mercury Mistress YouTube vid real soon... but definitely out of boredom.

I keep the site fully manual so it takes me a good half an hour to add a new car to the site. But I like to take my time to make sure that the pictures people submit are the best content on the page, thats why I don't have any logos or flashing graphics.

Simple, but appealing.

--Russ

Users who are viewing this thread