Does your car have the Stock IRS or SRA

Does your car have the Stock IRS or SRA

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I still have irs in both. I am happy with it in my coupe. but I want to try an sra in my vert. I have a feeling that I will like it better. but there's only one way to find out.

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
I would say SRA in the coupe cause that rear cradle in your vert is doing some good tying the rear area together better than a SRA would the way the IRS had so many mount spots in the cradle.

I still have irs in both. I am happy with it in my coupe. but I want to try an sra in my vert. I have a feeling that I will like it better. but there's only one way to find out.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I would say SRA in the coupe cause that rear cradle in your vert is doing some good tying the rear area together better than a SRA would the way the IRS had so many mount spots in the cradle.

I hear ya and you may be right, but the irs in my coupe absolutely rocks. I've never had any wheelhop or issues - it can hook or lay down rubber, whatever I want. it has always just flat out kicked ass, and that was even before I put any money in it. I really was pleasantly surprised.

but the irs in my vert has always been somewhat unpredictable and it just never seemed to be a good fit for the car. sometimes it shines, and who knows I may end up going back, but I want to at least try out a sra on it. all the vert owners on here who have swapped seem to love theirs.

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
Yeah that is cause of the flex in the Vert.

Do you have full length subframe connectors? If not this will help.

I just went FTBR on my vert cause it was squirrely as hell and unpredictable.
FTBR FAQ's

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
IRS, 900whp and still fortified!! Did switch in lvl 5 s2's, trutrac, mm irs grip box(bushings/shims) and a diff brace. Stock a arms for now but I might get Kenny browns rear arms just to see what they offer.

I drive hard but not super hard from a dig, probably why it's still alive. I'm relatively sure I could blow it all up in 5 hrs if I just did hard launches on drag radials on a test/tune night with high boost.

Even with dr's, it handles awesome so no complaints, I've driven in sra cars which where great as well but I like IRS a bit more.

B-O-B'03

Established Member

Try coupe springs in it first and add FLSFC, if you don't have them already?

Mine is still the stock IRS, I am sure I need to add Bruce's kit to it after 68K miles, but I do have the Hans FLSFC and it seems to hop less after adding them.

-Brian

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
I have IRS, but have been debating going SRA. I don't want to regret it though, so that's why I'm still debating. I've heard you can floor it on the street with Drag Radials with a SRA and it'll haze the tires and then hook and go even from a dig! Sounds like what I need lol. However, I heard the ride quality wasn't good if you swap to SRA, so that's holding me back.

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
You might want to go read this topic then. A fresh new owner who upgraded to the FTBR and his new review!

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ll-tilt-boogie-racing-irs-bushing-review.html

I have IRS, but have been debating going SRA. I don't want to regret it though, so that's why I'm still debating. I've heard you can floor it on the street with Drag Radials with a SRA and it'll haze the tires and then hook and go even from a dig! Sounds like what I need lol. However, I heard the ride quality wasn't good if you swap to SRA, so that's holding me back.

Users who are viewing this thread