Doing the Centerforce Cutch and Fidanza Flywheel

lethal

Established Member
Well, I went and did it. I found a local shop and I'll have the parts later today. Parts list:

Centerforce DF800075 $329.00
Centerforce TOB N1714 $30.00
Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel 186481 $325.00

Total with tax: $725.04

My mechanic will install these and do some other things (rear breaks, oil change, etc) on Thursday. I'm fairly excited, the car will be in fantastic shape once again.

I'll ask him to take pictures, but I don't want to hassle him too much. I will post those and any opinions I have. I know, break in for 500 miles, that's going to be the tough part. I'm also going to hang on to the stock flywheel.

John

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
I am very happy with my DF & Fidanza setup - went to the track and boy what a nice improvement from the stock clutch. Grabs much better! Brought my rookie ass 60ft times down to 2.0's from 2.2's on the F1's.

lethal

Established Member
Excellent. I can't wait. I have not heard much feedback, but got tired of waiting and this seems to be a popular combo.

John

Last edited:

trey193

Established Member
I also went with the Centerforce. I bought the Dual Puck instead of the Dual Friction and I will be using this with the stock flywheel. Keep us posted on your results!!

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
Originally posted by trey193
I also went with the Centerforce. I bought the Dual Puck instead of the Dual Friction and I will be using this with the stock flywheel. Keep us posted on your results!!

Trey:

What is the part number on the dual puck setup? Source?

trey193

Established Member
Part numbers are as follows Dual Puck Disk > LM281226, Clutch and PP is > CFT360075 hope this helps ya out!!:beer:

lethal

Established Member
Trey-

What is the main difference in terms of behavior, is it more for race applications or higher hp?

John

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
Originally posted by trey193

Is this a better combo if you use the stock flywheel? Also, should I even worry about getting a clutch yet with my mods below, but I am gettin a 2.90 here in about a month. Should I just go ahead and get the clutch first? help! thanks!

trey193

Established Member
JerryK runs the Dual Puck and he said it has good street manners, I went with it because its there best clutch as far as HP rating goes. Jerry Launches at 6000 on slicks and it does well for him so my 4000 launched should be ok with this clutch I would guess!!

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
lethal, where did you get the parts? Those prices are great.. i'm about to send you money to get me a set at that price.

Last edited:

SNKBITE

Established Member
trey193, do you have the clutch installed yet? If so what are your impressions on it? I really like the Ram HD I have in the car now.
Keep me posted.

lethal

Established Member
Originally posted by Miamifan1354
lethal, where did you get the parts?

I got them from Autotronics in Margate, 954-917-5060 (ask for Kris).

Nice guy, basically charged me $10 over for each part.

John

trey193

Established Member
SNK its going tomorrow so I will keep you posted, now I gotta get 500 breakin miles on this thing before NMRA's next weekend!!:eek:

lethal

Established Member
Also, anyone have an estimate on hours/cost of a clutch install? I know my mechanic won't screw me.... just curious.

John

Last edited:

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
When my clutch goes out I plan to go with an exedy twin disk. After driving a 500hp rx-7 with that clutch, I wouln't consider anything else. Stock-like smooth engagement and will hold all the power you throw at it. Its pricy, but includes the flywheel.

JWC

Established Member
Hey all of you clutch replacement guys please keep us posted on your clutch set ups. I ll be needing one soon and I apreciate any info I can gather from you. The stock #'s are a big help also. thanks, John.

lethal

Established Member
I expect to replace the clutch again, probably will upgrade to a 26 spline input shaft, etc. I'm trying out the Centerforce stuff now. I've asked for a ton of advice and opinions, few have offered them. I know feedback on the SPEC stuff has been mixed, so I opted for the next manufacturer that is gaining wide acceptance and it seems to be CF.

There are many, many other manufacturers out there Exidy, McLeod, etc and I'm not willing to go there just yet. This car is a daily driver and won't see serious track/strip/road course time for another two years. Then if it is time for a rebuild, etc I can buy another daily driver and drive the piss out of it =)

I will be providing opinion, based soley on a end user point of view. I won't sugarcoat anything becuase I'm stuck with it. I think I owe that to SVTP for all the great info I've gotten. Well, except for one piece. I ended up buying a Densecharger after months of reviews, and for a stock car with only a catback it works, but it seems like the moment I installed it, the questionable posts started, and now I'm running an FIPK. Owell =)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread