Don't know what the problem is so I didn't know what section to put it in.

BLUEPSTU

Veni Vidi Vici
Established Member
I just got the car retuned because I had a lower pulley set up put on the car. (I did the alternator pulley as well) Car dynoed well and everything seemed fine. After about 20 miles on the trip home the car started acting funny. In 6th gear upon barely accelerating, the car would jerk very bad. It was almost like a slamming in the rear. It would actually jerk my body. It wouldn't do this when I were at a stop and accelerated through the gears. (Even if I were accelerating at a normal pace) It also would not do it in 6th gear if I got into boost. It would only do this jerking/slamming sound with slight acceleration in 6th gear. ( I never tried slight acceleration in the other gears) Any ideas? :shrug: Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

03kevo

Established Member
Clean you MAF sensor. Had the same problem in my 03 cobra. My tuner said to clean the sensor because the sensor was not reading well. Less velocity in air+dirty sensor, kinda makes sense. Cleaned it and did not jerk on bit in overdrive gears.

BLUEPSTU

Veni Vidi Vici
Established Member
Thanks so much for the info. I will def give it a try.

:rockon:

Clean you MAF sensor. Had the same problem in my 03 cobra. My tuner said to clean the sensor because the sensor was not reading well. Less velocity in air+dirty sensor, kinda makes sense. Cleaned it and did not jerk on bit in overdrive gears.

Users who are viewing this thread