Don't you hate when your week starts crappy?

Adower

Established Member
Just got back from Mexico on a week vacation and woke up this morning to find the following on my Ford Excursion.

1/ Door lock pushed in
2/ Ignition drilled out - They tried to steal the vehicle but couldn't get it done
3/ Car Keyed
4/ Glove box broken
5/ CD player gone - Just the faceplate. Half other half of the CD player sitting in the the vehicle
6/ Seats slashed
7/ Hydra programmer gone
8/ DVD player in headliner broken

Damn thief needs to die!

Adower

Established Member
Geez. Almost sounds personal that’s they destroyed stuff and keyed it.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
I think the person who tried to steal it probably got mad after not being able to start it and said F it. Sucks because I have absolutely no idea when it happened. Arrive home late when it was dark so I had no clue.

When I called to make a claim the claim rep said she had a case just like this recently. Except it happened at an airport.

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow. I agree. Almost does appear personal. And like they knew you weren’t home, so then took the time to do all that mess. How close is the nearest neighbor? I’d start asking neighbors questions.

Adower

Established Member
Wow. I agree. Almost does appear personal. And like they knew you weren’t home, so then took the time to do all that mess. How close is the nearest neighbor? I’d start asking neighbors questions.
Yah, I went and asked the neighbors. They didn't hear/see anything. The 3 neighbors closest to me are all elderly. I assume most of them are in bed early.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Sorry to hear, man!

If you decide you want a camera or two, I have these and have been pleased with them: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/eufy-s...0110.p?skuId=6460110#anchor=productVariations

They are pretty small and most people don't even notice them. I have them set to record 24/7 and with all the movement where I live, I get about 3 days worth of footage. Eventually I'll up the memory card for more space, but it does the job for now.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Different thieves and different area of the country but we've had a lot of people checking cars in my neighborhood the last 2 years. They don't intentionally damage the cars when checking them and if caught on camera the police don't do anything except use the info to confirm the string of thefts IF someone is ever caught. Seems as if at least half the people have Blink or Ring cameras so the police have enough photos to help with the few arrests that actually happen.

They will steal cars left running in driveways though. Part of me wants someone to try it with me and part of me doesn't as I know could face liability for hurting someone badly or for drawing my sidearm.

Adower

Established Member
ice don't do anything except use the info to confirm the string of thefts IF someone is ever caught. Seems as if at least half the people have Blink or Ring cameras so the police have enough photos to help with the few arrests that actually happen.

They will steal cars left running in driveways though. Part of me wants someone to try it with me and part of me doesn't as I know could face liability for hurting someone badly or for drawing my sidearm.
I am betting if they weren't able to get the car door open than I would have just had a messed up door lock. But since they were able to get into the vehicle I think they were in the "F" it mindset.

The crappy thing is that we moved for a less "nicer" part of town to where we are now and we have had more issues here.

I made a police report and literally it was over the phone. Just told them what was damaged and thats it. They said I should receive the report in 7-10 business days.

quad

Established Member
My wife's week started bad. She slipped and fell on a sidewalk in the neighborhood this morning and the back of her head hit the ground and was bleeding. We have snow on the ground currently.

I told her numerous times she should wear traction cleats but she is stubborn and thought her boots had enough traction. She had to call in sick now. But she seems to be ok. Not nauseous, just swelling and pain on her skull.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
My wife's week started bad. She slipped and fell on a sidewalk in the neighborhood this morning and the back of her head hit the ground and was bleeding. We have snow on the ground currently.

I told her numerous times she should wear traction cleats but she is stubborn and thought her boots had enough traction. She had to call in sick now. But she seems to be ok. Not nauseous, just swelling and pain on her skull.
That's nothing to screw around with. Keep an eye on her.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
thumb_dam-son-dam-son-35473059.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G986U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Yep, I agree. I am thinking it was also two persons as well by the amount of damage done.

Without knowing your neighborhood. Kids age 12 to 15. To young to drive, so they have to walk. Most likely during the weekend going over to other friends house to get a buzz. Definitely at least two, because they dare each other and feed stupidity off each other. They have a sense of freedom at night because no one is around during the late night (early morning). Most likely punks in the neighborhood and buddies. If you can, park a car on the street if you have sidewalks and set up a sky point camera that notifies upon activation. They will return to gloat about their deeds with one another. Punks have a routine and comfort zone to screw around in. You're in it.

Adower

Established Member
Without knowing your neighborhood. Kids age 12 to 15. To young to drive, so they have to walk. Most likely during the weekend going over to other friends house to get a buzz. Definitely at least two, because they dare each other and feed stupidity off each other. They have a sense of freedom at night because no one is around during the late night (early morning). Most likely punks in the neighborhood and buddies. If you can, park a car on the street if you have sidewalks and set up a sky point camera that notifies upon activation. They will return to gloat about their deeds with one another. Punks have a routine and comfort zone to screw around in. You're in it.
Once I get the car back if its not totaled its getting a alarm system for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread