Door Bells (Video)

madscotsman

Established Member
I have a few Ring stick up cams installed around our house. I couldn't fit the doorbell on our front door frame because the wood frame wasn't wide enough where our current doorbell/wires is/are and the door frame is set in brick. All ours are battery operated and only need recharging around 1x/month, depending on how many alerts they get and actually turn on. As many have mentioned Ring sells a solar panel you can hook into the charging port, which may not be that easy on a doorbell as far as running a wire and placement. ANY of these camera's are only as good as your wifi connection/strength at their location. I would make sure you have a wifi hotspot or amplifier as close to the doorbell as possible. Our front door cam is farthest away from our hotspot and also has 3 walls between them, so sometimes it alerts as someone is already walking away from the camera/front door. All the Newer rings are now 1080p and the newer stick up cameras have a removable battery now where the older ones required removing and plugging in the entire camera for charging.

08mojo

Established Member
I'd go for the Nest and get your wires repaired. The simple fact there are no batteries to worry about makes it worth it to me. I've been generally happy with our Nest setup.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
I picked up a Ring 2 on the Prime day for $150. One of the cool things is it can go off of a battery or you can wire it in. I'm going to wire it in just so I don't need to mess with charging.

MG01GT

Established Member
I would reccomend the Nest doorbell, the video quality both day and night is great, and if you have the Nest thermostat it can all be ran from the same app. We have both in our house and the installation was stupid easy, granted yours might be more tedious having to run the wires again but I would suggest that option over all. The Nest also gives you a mounting plate that you can position in a manner that allows for better viewing if you have a wall close by.
5dc4c5261a958181f4d2a12fa40bb043.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I also agree on ring...

Love mine so far being able to constantly monitor the inside and outside of my house from Arizona is awesome

Attachments

• 3C8B8624-112D-4059-AD23-97F36D74BE1F.jpeg
    3C8B8624-112D-4059-AD23-97F36D74BE1F.jpeg
    536.8 KB · Views: 143

Users who are viewing this thread