Door Locks Quit Working

Patriot Guy

Established Member
Door Locks quit working first just intermittantly and now they don't work. Key FOB is fine and trunk works fine but the doors are dead. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

westsideriderz1

Established Member
Door Locks quit working first just intermittantly and now they don't work. Key FOB is fine and trunk works fine but the doors are dead. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

From experience with a lot of fords from 2000-2004, the Door lock actuators go bad pretty often. The door lock actuator is build into the door latch inside the door. Best way to test is to remove the door panel and test power to the motors. Good chance your motors are bad. GL!

ifinditundrgrnd

Established Member
I just bought a new actuator from Tousely Ford, I am getting ready to go install it now. I'll let you know how bad it sucks......I just have to change the drivers door actuator.

2001GTTT

Yellow is faster
Established Member
From experience with a lot of fords from 2000-2004, the Door lock actuators go bad pretty often. The door lock actuator is build into the door latch inside the door. Best way to test is to remove the door panel and test power to the motors. Good chance your motors are bad. GL!

this. common problem

Users who are viewing this thread