Doug finally reviewed the 2000 R

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I’ve always wanted to drive one of these. Such a cool car.

His rant on the interior is something. The sn-95/new edge interior never bothered me. It’s obviously outdated but it’s way better than the Camaro/firebird interior. It was never any cheaper than anything else in that era with the exception of German cars.

Overall, my 2nd all time favorite mustang behind the terminator.

nmp1

Established Member

Attachments

• 2BE67B15-C3A1-464C-852A-E663956B6245.gif
    2BE67B15-C3A1-464C-852A-E663956B6245.gif
    450.4 KB · Views: 72

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member

His rant on the interior is something. The sn-95/new edge interior never bothered me. It’s obviously outdated but it’s way better than the Camaro/firebird interior. It was never any cheaper than anything else in that era with the exception of German cars.

This. 100%

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Drove two different wrx, 2008 and 2014, both turds. I have no idea why these cars are so hyped. Basically an awd civic with a turbo but a lot less reliable. Id rather take the bus than be seen in a wrx.
Drove a 2005 V6 Mustang once. POS post menopause car . No idea why the hell someone would buy a GT500.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member

Dude is annoying as ****. I don't think he actually knows much about cars.

I'm glad the comments called him out. He's crying about lack of trunk liner, lack of sound deadening and usage of decals instead of badges as "cost savings /cheapness". Buttttt... Had it been a BMW M or Porsche GT3 he'd be hailing their crafty weight savings and "race-bread" approach.

He also complains the rear seat didn't have climate controls... In an compact economy car released in 2000 (Japan) and 2002 in the US. Like.. what God damn compact from 2004 had rear seat climate controls....

He also claims the STI's back seats are a different material (Non-Suede) which is factually wrong.

Img_2022_12_06_18_29_23.jpeg

Last edited:

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Dude is annoying as ****. I don't think he actually knows much about cars.

I'm glad the comments called him out. He's crying about lack of trunk liner, lack of sound deadening and usage of decals instead of badges as "cost savings /cheapness". Buttttt... Had it been a BMW M or Porsche GT3 he'd be hailing their crafty weight savings and "race-bread" approach.

He also complains the rear seat didn't have climate controls... In an compact economy car released in 2000 (Japan) and 2002 in the US. Like.. what God damn compact from 2004 had rear seat climate controls....

He also claims the STI's back seats are a different material (Non-Suede) which is factually wrong.

View attachment 1772555

I think he looks at a lot of older cars with the mindset of modern expectations instead of with the perspective of the time they were made. I mean, in the 00R video he says it doesn't handle that well at all. I haven't driven a 00R and I'd be curious to hear from people who do own them, but I was led to believe by reviews made the time that for the era they were produced, they were quite the formidable track weapon all things considered. I don't really agree with this and do take some issue with some of his commentary, but it is what it is.

if you go back to the fiesta ST review, he was 100% unaware motorcraft was Fords in house brand of parts, he kept pointing out this "motorcraft company" was all over the owners manual and was wondering how much this "motorcraft" paid ford to be featured in its literature. That one absolutely blew me away.

As someone who has followed his content since he was a writer on jalopnik with a small following, I do think he hams it up for the camera a lot these days, I guess that is catering to his rabid zoomer fanbase. A lot of his viewership comes from people researching new cars which is why you can notice his new car videos always do better than old cars. The old cars he really does for himself.

I think he can fall into a category with plenty of other youtube personalities that aren't terrible people in person but they really ham it up for the camera because that's what "the algorithm" and the average 15 second attention span of "modern audiences" requires.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
He should probably stick to new more exotic car reviews that the average car guy knows little about and will most likely never see in person. Reviewing older enthusiast cars is opening the door to a beatdown in the comments. I mean, at least cover the high points. I don't believe he mentioned the IRS in this vid or the terminator vid yet minutes were spent on the interior which is little to no difference across the model lineup.

I doubt his audience cares though...

Users who are viewing this thread