Dow is Down 900+ points Today 2/24/2020

q6543

Established Member
Sooo, is BA attractive, even with a dividend cut/elimination???????
Boeing is a binary play right now.
The price action looks like it's going to be forced into a bankruptcy/bailout.
Like gm was... equity holders get wiped out and bondholders are 1st in line for the crumbs.

If you believe Boeing can pull through without govt assistance ... then take a flyer.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Boeing is a binary play right now.
The price action looks like it's going to be forced into a bankruptcy/bailout.
Like gm was... equity holders get wiped out and bondholders are 1st in line for the crumbs.

If you believe Boeing can pull through without govt assistance ... then take a flyer.

I can see a few paths to survival, none easy.

EDIT: Boeing pensions would fall into the Feds pension guarantee fund, hard to believe the feds would want that.

Last edited:

nxhappy

Established Member
buy puts for april/may and you will be showered with golden tendies .....

Rct851

Established Member
Gaaah should have sold tza after hours at $97ish. Had my finger on the button but got greedy and went with the futures at the time pointing down...alas, dow futures way up now lol. Need some bad news this morning.

nxhappy

Established Member
In just ( 18 ) days, down 207K, & I think this is just getting started.....hang on !!!
why God did you look LOL. Im not looking at my 401k. Also .....cover your shit with puts and shorts....it will cover your other buys. We are heading for 14000-15000 on the dow easily.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
So when is the time to invest more? I'm rather conservative and have all my money in mutual funds. We currently have 10-12k we can invest, just trying to time it right. Do you guys really think we will see 15k Dow, any evidence to support that?

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
So when is the time to invest more? I'm rather conservative and have all my money in mutual funds. We currently have 10-12k we can invest, just trying to time it right. Do you guys really think we will see 15k Dow, any evidence to support that?

This selloff was triggered by Coronavirus; most of it occuring well before some of the extreme measures we are seeing now by some states. Until there is some good news regarding Coronavirus, any selloff is just a temporary bounce or trap (in my opinion). I am guessing it takes 4-5 years at least to get back to previous levels, probably longer.

I think we will have plenty of time to enter into long positions, so don't try going in 100% right now trying to catch the bottom, that is a dangerous game. I have been studying for days now, and I have a good idea of stocks I want to buy if things get really bad. Have a plan in place now so you are ready to strike when the time is right. I already have an Excel sheet filled with ideas and notes of what I want to do under certain circumstances.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I can make a suggestion and tell you to invest in MDT.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

FIVEHOE

Established Member

No one truly knows how long till we hit bottom or when we'll be at the bottom. My best suggestion for you is to trickle money in over a period of time. Put 2500 in this week when it's red, wait a few days or a week and put another 2500 in when its down, etc.

There are a handful of things to keep eyes on this week. Experts are speculating that the amount of new corona virus cases is going to level out this week due to the extreme measures taken, so we'll have to keep an eye on that. Additionally, the 2+ trillion care package from the government will play a factor in the market. We'll be watching how the market reacts to that when its decided upon (might be today). And coming up on april 3rd is the unemployment numbers. All things to be looking for over the next coming weeks.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Update for anyone:

got out to location about an hour ago

5 days ago we had 3 trucks total working.

right now I have 11 trucks working.

not sure if this is a sign or not, but people are working in the oil field that weren’t earlier this week

Coiled03

Established Member
Experts are speculating that the amount of new corona virus cases is going to level out this week due to the extreme measures taken, so we'll have to keep an eye on that.

Man, I hope that's true, but I just can't see it. Everything I've heard said to expect the peak in May.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Wait, its way to early to say when is a good time.

Users who are viewing this thread