Download the 2013 GT500 Order Guide Here!!!!

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
Words out of my mouth!! Why use the combo and not provide it. False advertising........:shrug:

The car in the commercial would sell. Black with grey stripes would match the wheels as well. :cuss:

The car in the commercial had matte black stripes. It was just the lighting in a couple shots that made them look lighter.

f ê r

Tropical Tuned
Established Member
Why no black with blue stripes!!!!!

Because Life's a Playa!

Killer combos:
Reds (both) w/ Silver Stripes
Blues (both) w/ Silver Stripes
Black w/ GB Stripes
Black w/ Silver Stripes

Thought the stripes on the Shelby in the commercial are Satin Black imo and they looked awesome.

Black on Black <--- Vader's SCE Fighter.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Have to say I understand the no track pack with a vert. I mean why get a vert if you want to track the car ? I have a buddy who use to catch hell trying to run his vert because it was a low 12 second car. I could only imagine trying to run a vert at a road course event.

Plus I think the % of people who would want to order a vert with the track pack would be a small segment indeed.

qachargh

Established Member
Bummer, I guess this means no RR coupe with black stripes and red seat accents. Anybody have a clue how much the seat covers cost to order separately?

cgouzoulis

SNARFSNARF
Established Member
I think Base MSRP is going to be $52k

Based on past years, with a small increase
$3995 for svtpp
$1995 for recaros
$1995 for electronics pack

The wild car is the track pack. But can any one imagine it being more than $1200???

This is Just based on what I've put together, and isnt official in anyway

That would be fing swet! Thanks man!

cgouzoulis

SNARFSNARF
Established Member
Would these stripes be flat black or have some kind of gloss to them. Crosses fingers for flat black.

I can take a wack at this....I have a 2010 500 with the black on black ....the stripes ARE matt....no gloss....Im pretty sure all the 2013s ive touched (2) had stripes....they were black stripes....and they were matt...flat...no gloss ect. hope this helps

Sprspt

Established Member
I think the base will fall a little north of a ZL1 base IMO. So that would put it mid 50's.
-3995 SVT
-1495 Track PAC
-1495 Recaros
-1995 Electronics

monsterpost

Established Member
Ok I have been looking over the order guide. Question, what is the difference between the standard limited slip and the torsen differential that comes with the SVT option? Any one know?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Ok I have been looking over the order guide. Question, what is the difference between the standard limited slip and the torsen differential that comes with the SVT option? Any one know?

On first glance I would say quality and that it works. I would assume that there is reason the H1 and Audi quattro have used Torsen diff for all these years. Its the Torsen diff that helped put the Ranger FX4 into 4wheel mag top all time 4x4 lineup. Digging deeper(google) I found this from Torsen: http://www.torsen.com/files/Torsen%2...al Sheet.pdf

Many traction systems are reactive in nature, controlling traction by reducing power to the wheel. Torsen, on the other hand, provides traction management with maximum available power, making it more effective traction control system. And, unlike conventional limited-slip differential technologies, the Torsen Traction Differential is a "live" continuous-duty system, there is no slip or lag time. Instead, direct power(torque) is instantly transferred to the wheel with the most traction. Furthermore, there are no clutches to wear out. Engineered to endure, Torsen Traction Differential units will provide effective traction control for the life of the vehicle.

jonesd

Established Member
So are the stereos an upgrade or a downgrade this year...?

If I'm reading correctly the standard shaker audio is now 370 watts instead of 500?

And now they sell a 550 watt "shaker pro" for 1200 and got rid of the shaker 1000 watt option?

monsterpost

Established Member
^^^^^All I can say is the shaker 500 in my 08 is more then enough for me. With this car I'm more into what the car sounds like; exhaust, S/C whine, ect then what the radio sounds like. I'm sure the base radio will be just fine unless your looking for the best Ford has to offer then by all means get the shaker pro system.

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
I can take a wack at this....I have a 2010 500 with the black on black ....the stripes ARE matt....no gloss....Im pretty sure all the 2013s ive touched (2) had stripes....they were black stripes....and they were matt...flat...no gloss ect. hope this helps

Yes it does man thanks! :beer:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
^^^^^All I can say is the shaker 500 in my 08 is more then enough for me. With this car I'm more into what the car sounds like; exhaust, S/C whine, ect then what the radio sounds like. I'm sure the base radio will be just fine unless your looking for the best Ford has to offer then by all means get the shaker pro system.

yea, i for one have the 1000 in my current car and its plenty loud! I like music so ill opt for the system, but best believe when I get the resonator removed, ill be driving windows down just listening to the symphony that is Mustang! :rockon:

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
No black with gray stripes makes me a sad boy.

Just looked the commercial again. It might be the lighting and they are flat black. Looks like that might be the combo! Plust SVTPP, track pack and recaros.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread