Drag Race! Tesla Model S Plaid vs. Suzuki Hayabusa vs. Kawasaki ZX-14R

R1Lello

Established Member
Love it or hate it - times have changed where now the latest and fastest superbikes will lose against the plaid easily too as most riders are not Chris moore

quad

Established Member
I could watch a video of Tesla Plaid smoking “Big Daddy” Don Garlits…….and I still wouldn’t want it.

At least the upcoming roadster looks better.
The Plaid is impressive. I like the appearance of the car from the rear. The front headlights has a generic appearance IMO. However I personally don't think it is an unattractive design.

The new Roadster has a toy car look to me. Something just looks off. Perhaps the front end is too short. It looks stretched out with the front wheels very close to the bumper. I am not crazy about the design.

Maybe they'll refine it before it is released.

a8193459080511.5a146ae962a74.jpg

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
The Plaid is impressive. I like the appearance of the car from the rear. The front headlights has a generic appearance IMO. However I personally don't think it is an unattractive design.

The new Roadster has a toy car look to me. Something just looks off. Perhaps the front end is too short. It looks stretched out with the front wheels very close to the bumper. I am not crazy about the design.

Maybe they'll refine it before it is released.

a8193459080511.5a146ae962a74.jpg

I wasn't sure what I didnt like about the Roadster until u stated it looks like a Toy car cause thats exactly what it looks like. The Plaid looks like a 90's Chevy Lumina.

Programers should stick to programming and let car designers design cars smh..... All Tesla's look like total SHIT! Worst designed cars in the history of Automobiles.

A stock hayabusa is pretty lame and I destroy them with my Mustang.

quad

Established Member
I wasn't sure what I didnt like about the Roadster until u stated it looks like a Toy car cause thats exactly what it looks like. The Plaid looks like a 90's Chevy Lumina.

Programers should stick to programming and let car designers design cars smh..... All Tesla's look like total SHIT! Worst designed cars in the history of Automobiles.

A stock hayabusa is pretty lame and I destroy them with my Mustang.
Aztek design was way worse than Tesla designs.

pontiac-aztek-rear-1585319857.jpg

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
"Oh, brakes are a little soft." nine second car with family car brakes. my 2017 Q50 has the same size brakes and it only weighs 3800lbs.

btw, word on the street is that Tesla removed red calipers as an option, because you cant see them from the inside.

quad

Established Member
The Tesla Plaid Channel guy on youtube just ran a 5.9x 1/8 mile with his second Plaid w/ 19" wheels. His other Plaid (same color) has 21" wheels. I think he plans on adding a roll cage and parachute with some additional weigh reduction so he can run 1/4 miles unrestricted at the tracks.

I wonder who will be the first to add air thrusters to their cars as Elon suggested for the Roadster.

Adower

Established Member
Y'all might hate the electric car but Electric > ICE in performance.

speeddemon2000

Established Member
It's obvious that off the line that AWD from high torque electric motors that are instantaneously infinitely variable allow for incredible acceleration. IMO the best of both worlds would be an ICE engine with AWD and electric assist. I think that C8 package with front drive electric motors like the NSX looks really promising.

03CRUSHER

Established Member
Premium Member
Y'all might hate the electric car but Electric > ICE in performance.

When we see an EV outdo a top fuel dragster this statement will be true. I don’t see it. Not enough energy density in batteries or power capability in motors to accomplish this. Fastest accelerating vehicle earth, only slower to a bullet or light, is still a blown nitro V8.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Hydrogen peroxide dragsters would like a word for that title. I still think Millers h202 dragster has the record at something like 3.5 at almost 400mph

That is very volatile and corrosive, not to mention the insane highspeed wrecks on the big end. NHRA banned them.....that aside, they were certainly capable of ludicrous traps/ets..I think unofficially they even dipped into the high 2s

quad

Established Member
It's obvious that off the line that AWD from high torque electric motors that are instantaneously infinitely variable allow for incredible acceleration. IMO the best of both worlds would be an ICE engine with AWD and electric assist. I think that C8 package with front drive electric motors like the NSX looks really promising.
This. I hope the in-wheel electric motor aftermarket heats up with multiple options. It would be nice to add two electric motors (100-200 HP each) at the front of existing RWD muscle cars.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread