Drag Race wheel setup - post yours

XtremeS10

Established Member
Jared you guys cant do just a rear wheel setup can you? Like I said later on I want to go to a full setup, but just want to start with the rears for now, that will let me keep my CCW's instead of having to get rid of them and run the slicks and skinnies all the time

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Jared you guys cant do just a rear wheel setup can you? Like I said later on I want to go to a full setup, but just want to start with the rears for now, that will let me keep my CCW's instead of having to get rid of them and run the slicks and skinnies all the time

We can do the rears by themselves if you like. Give myself or Matt a call tomorrow and we'll work out some pricing for you.

Thanks, Jared

XtremeS10

Established Member
We can do the rears by themselves if you like. Give myself or Matt a call tomorrow and we'll work out some pricing for you.

Thanks, Jared

Awesome thanks, I will get a hold of you once I get back from vacation. Going to pick up the 4.0l right after I get off my flight cant wait!

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
:beer: That !! I like but still prefer the 17/17 look. Can you post some specs of tires please..........and I'll ask again, is there any setup out there that are safe (strong) to run on the street ??

thanks all !!

Jake probably hasn't responded yet because he's still trying to figure out how to boot up his computer. He's a little slow with this technology stuff. :D:D:D

We run the same 17x5 and 15x10 Bogart setup and run a Hoosier skinny on the front and some MT 3055S 28x10.5x15 ET Drags (stiff sidewall) on the rear. The wheel/tire combo fits and performs great.

4769.jpg

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
17x5 front bogart gt bolted wheels
m&h p185/55r/17 front dot tires
15x10 rear bogart gt bolted wheels
m/t et street drag radial p275/60r/15 rear dot tires

chimazo

Established Member
I realize that most all 15x10's will interfere with the caliper, as well as the sway bar, but can't we just run any 15x8 w/5.5bs with a 275/60 and have it work without any mods??

XtremeS10

Established Member
I realize that most all 15x10's will interfere with the caliper, as well as the sway bar, but can't we just run any 15x8 w/5.5bs with a 275/60 and have it work without any mods??

I think it has to do with the inner diameter of the wheel that causes the interference not the BS or offset... not sure since I am no wheel guru but thats what i think anyways?? If I could get a cheap set of 15x10 rears to improvise with I would be happy til I got money for some bogarts

chimazo

Established Member
I think it has to do with the inner diameter of the wheel that causes the interference not the BS or offset... not sure since I am no wheel guru but thats what i think anyways?? If I could get a cheap set of 15x10 rears to improvise with I would be happy til I got money for some bogarts

I believe you are correct. I was about to order some 15x8 Billet Specialties, since I want a matching 17" front wheel, and the tech guy told me it would hit the caliper. I emailed BS and asked them why they don't have the same wheel as they offer the F-body guys (15x10 w/7.5bs) but they haven't gotten back to me. I guess I will have to consider the new Racestar (aka the new Weld) 15x10 and 17x8 or 17x9.5 front. The price is nice, just not a fan of the oblong lugnut holes (for a dual bolt pattern). I want a setup that I can run on the street without worry.

sc2000gt

Established Member
weight

Does anyone know how much weight is saved switching from the stock wheels and tires to bogart 17"front and 15" rear with M+H 185/55/17 fronts and 325/50/15 rears?

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
Sorry to bring back an old thread....

Anyone running a 16x10 rear setup to clear the caliper and swaybar??

manOwar

Established Member
Ccw and bogarts are way out of my budget for drag wheels

I have these Cobra R Replicas I don't need. They're 16x9... These are M&H DR's on it here. They do stick out a little but even as low as my car is, they didn't rub at the track....

m5lp_1001_09_2009_mustang_weekgt500.gif

My new TF 18x5 and 16x9.5.... :banana:

IMG_3135Large.gif

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
I have these Cobra R Replicas I don't need. They're 16x9... These are M&H DR's on it here. They do stick out a little but even as low as my car is, they didn't rub at the track....

m5lp_1001_09_2009_mustang_weekgt500.gif

My new TF 18x5 and 16x9.5.... :banana:

IMG_3135Large.gif

Hey you got a side pic? Those TF look sweet!!!

What year are the cobra replicas for?

Users who are viewing this thread