Drag racers, in here!

11secCobra

Way2Fast4These LS1 guys
Established Member
has anybody on here ever tried using V6 front springs? my suspension mods are built solid axle, megabite jr LCAs, stock UCAs, and fully adjustable konis in the back...what would help me more, UCAs, adjustable front struts, or V6 front springs? how high would the cobra ride with V6 front springs?

Bad03Cobra

Gotta love Boost........
Established Member
NO,NO

You need a set of 99 GT front springs with 90-10 lakewood struts. The rear you can use the 6cy spring but would recommend the Eibach drag kit... :banana:

Bob Cosby

Established Member
I tried V6 springs on my 99 Cobra. Didn't like them. They made the front sit quite high (believe it or not), and didn't do anything noticeable for weight transfer. I ditched them almost immediately and installed a set of Moroso Drag Springs. They are much, much better, and weight transfer noticeably improved. They come too tall, and have to be cut. For the 99, that meant about 2 coils.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Rwick7

Established Member
Like Bob said, get a moroso spring and cut it to your desire or I used a drag spring from Laurel Mountain Mustang and it was a good height without being cut and worked well at the track

Users who are viewing this thread