Drag racing Terminator

First-on-race-day

Established Member
So im a complete noob when it comes to drag racing. Just wanted to ask you guys a question. When you are staging after you do your burnout how do you keep from rolling forward or backward? No transbrake. Just a bolt on 03 cobra. Unless all tracks are perfectly level?

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Yes, a track under NHRA rule can have a 1% grade up or down and still be legal. So, 13 foot difference from start to finish. Sounds crazy, but thats the rule and on some tracks its visually obvious. So, slight variance at stage box could cause a roll.

First-on-race-day

Established Member

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
2014 BIW CJ-style roller with other components

$22,500 OBO

Ford Racing BIW kit with full CJ prep by Watson Engineering with lightening package
Profesionally Painted Oxford White inside and out
CJ wiring harnesses included
Various BIW completion components included, interior panels, trim panels, glass, lights, dash, etc
2008 style CJ rear end
Strange Coil Overs
2008 Style Bogart Front Wheels
Upgraded suspension links (BMR)

For further information and inquires, please contact (313) 561-5500

cj1.jpg
cj4.jpg
cj8.jpg
cj11.jpg
cj12.jpg
cj13.jpg

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I've never had a issue with rolling. I don't really see how if you do a proper burnout. The tires are sticky and therefore sticking to the ground causing a resistance to roll forward or back lol

Exactly what what I was gonna say. Especially with <14 psi in the tires. They are slightly flat when stopped, coupled with soft sidewalk bias ply tire it doesn’t roll very easy.

Op don’t use a drag radial at the track. You’re asking for trouble if you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

First-on-race-day

Established Member
I've never had a issue with rolling. I don't really see how if you do a proper burnout. The tires are sticky and therefore sticking to the ground causing a resistance to roll forward or back lol
Never been haha so i just dont want to look too stupid when i do. Thanks for the info

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
Exactly what what I was gonna say. Especially with <14 psi in the tires. They are slightly flat when stopped, coupled with soft sidewalk bias ply tire it doesn’t roll very easy.

Op don’t use a drag radial at the track. You’re asking for trouble if you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This.

Listen to this man, I learned the hard way my first time out a month ago and snapped the passenger half-shaft on a 305/35/18 nt555r

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Since we are posting for sale ads here, here is a video of my best pass in my 65 all motor 347 stroker at 5000 feet above sea level...........

It had a C4 (automatic in it), no transbrake. I just foot brake it. Also, left at around 1200 RPM's as any more than that and the car would push forward. Really needed a transbrake to take advantage on the launch.

I'll get her back together one day and install some good parts to support the power that 347 made.

May also help you (OP) with how to do a burn out and how to stage...........

I drive around the water box, back in, pull forward, do a burn out and then stage. Just like Xsellr8 stated in his tutorial video above.

I'm in the right lane both times.

Soap

Established Member
It had a C4 (automatic in it), no transbrake. I just foot brake it. Also, left at around 1200 RPM's as any more than that and the car would push forward. Really needed a transbrake to take advantage on the launch.

My car 60's best off the foot brake. You just need a higher stall converter so you aren't pushing through it.

--Joe

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
My car 60's best off the foot brake. You just need a higher stall converter so you aren't pushing through it.

--Joe

I had a 3000 stall in it. However, I did NOT have power brakes. So, maybe they just could not hold the car.

I had some bugs to workout. I just finished building the car and that was the first time I took it to the track. Thanks Joe!

Users who are viewing this thread