Established Member
Right now I have:
Springs - Eibach sportlines
Struts/shocks - Koni yellow
Wheels: 17x9, 17x10.5 Cobra replicas
Tires: 315/35-17 Nitto 555 G2 and NT05R
Also BMR lower control arms and Stifflers subframes

car is a 5 speed and 3.73 gears, 500whp

with the regular nittos I might as well be on ice in first and second. If it's 50/60 out it will even spin them for a bit in third

the drag radials let me punch it in second but it still spins for a bit. "Good enough" I guess, but I have to pedal it in first because anything over like 1/3rd throttle just smokes the tires

not sure what to run next spring. I am thinking of going to an eibach pro-kit because they have a much softer front spring so I can get the front to come up a little? Real stuff right now even with the front struts on full soft and rear shocks on full hard.

what about tires? Should i be okay with a 17x9 and run 275/40 MT ET street SS's?

or should I go down to a 15" and run a 26" drag radial?

I want to keep the existing rear wheels and nitto 555's for longer trips etc, I can sell the NT05R's and get something else if it's going to work better.

i would like something that launches better on the street instead of having to go from a roll

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
It sounds like you want a more drag oriented set up. You're going to need to look into a more drag specific spring. At least for the front. And probably raise the car a little. You'll never get the needed weight transfer on your current style springs. You might have to look into a set up like what Viking offers.

Users who are viewing this thread