Drag Wheel recommendations for a noob

JJackson515

Established Member
I have been out of the game for a while, and i recently came out of retirement at the ripe age of 28 and picked up a new toy in may. however im looking for a decent drag wheel set up, and im not sure what people are using these days. Currently the car has the stock wheels on (posted below) and has been dropped on BMR drag springs, but im looking for options. I would like to stay below $500 per wheel.

Recommendations?

p.jpeg

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
I'm running a 17x9.5" Dark Star on mine. I got mine at a great price from Latemodel Restoration, but I see that Beefcake is having a killer sale on Race Stars right now.

I don't know how well you've kept up with it over the past few years, but you have to run at least a 17" wheel to clear the rear brakes in these cars unless you want to do a brake swap.

28420296737_2ee85d116d_k.jpg

JJackson515

Established Member
I'm running a 17x9.5" Dark Star on mine. I got mine at a great price from Latemodel Restoration, but I see that Beefcake is having a killer sale on Race Stars right now.

I don't know how well you've kept up with it over the past few years, but you have to run at least a 17" wheel to clear the rear brakes in these cars unless you want to do a brake swap.

View attachment 1502480

Thanks, I did not know that a 17" was required. what size tire is on the back?

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
Thanks, I did not know that a 17" was required. what size tire is on the back?

I'm running a 28x11.5x17 ET Street R bias ply. I'd rather have something just a little shorter for my N/A application but as of right now that's the only 17" bias ply tire in the ET Street R line. Went with bias ply since I am a manual trans car.

Users who are viewing this thread