Dreams Do Come True

Recon

Established Member
I do like my 540RH, but not as much as the OP's P51.

Look at a comparison of the seat covers. I mean, the Jack Roush logo is kinda nice, but that P51 logo rules the roost!

Those seat covers were an extra $1,725 on my car. How much on yours OP? Do you have the window stickers? There's actually two window stickers... I do know that much... one from Ford to Roush as an 'upfitter package' and then the Roush sticker. Did I get that much right Recon???? :)
View attachment 1461838

It is nice. Those wheels look great on his car.
I agree they did a fantastic job on the P-51 with the designs and materials. This is the new emblem of the 2017:
a9d0dd31bbe45535e75309759d6961c7.jpg

The seats are included in the $32K P-51 package. Window sticker for a P-51:
6a5e087f4120c3f67deb30c15be0046c.jpg

Correct, there is a window sticker for the donor vehicle from Ford and an additional window sticker from Roush for all their upgrades performed.

Pick your poison.

Roush P-51a #56-151

Very nice. I should’ve bought one of them instead of my 08 427R. But I’m doing the next best thing, converting my 427R to a P51. I already have your forged shortblock and will be getting the TVS hopefully sometime this year.
One thing I’ve always liked about the P-51B models (2009) is the white cue ball shift knob with the P51 emblem on it.
Mild bolt ons will really wake that car up if you want to actually mod it. No harm in doing that just keep all the stock parts.

Pick your poison.
Dude amen to that! i cant find a white one for sale anywhere. I would of course prefer the p51 logo on it. but im about to settle for the basic roush white shifter. its just so mean. hows the build coming?

Roush P-51a #56-151

I would say Roush, but the drawback is most of the reps don’t know most of that info. Or they won’t disclose that info. By no means am I bragging. I heavily enjoy the 3V Roush cars. And have done extensive research on them. But I’ve lost a lot of researched I saved on my old phone; it went on strike and can’t be fixed. I could’ve told you want brand hood pins Roush used on some of their models, with that info.
Most of the info is out there but it’s not easily found and Roush won’t disclose their part suppliers for obvious reasons.
The emblem is nice but I quite like your 540RH logo on your hood. I still haven’t found out why it’s on some of the Hammers and not others.

Pick your poison.
i think you are correct here. im trying to find my gear ratio from roush and kind of hitting a dead end.

Roush P-51a #56-151

Look at a comparison of the seat covers. I mean, the Jack Roush logo is kinda nice, but that P51 logo rules the roost!

Those seat covers were an extra $1,725 on my car. How much on yours OP? Do you have the window stickers? There's actually two window stickers... I do know that much... one from Ford to Roush as an 'upfitter package' and then the Roush sticker. Did I get that much right Recon???? :)
View attachment 1461838
i honestly dig some of the other seats more than the p51 with the exception of how unique the badging is. But the coloring in some of the other models is unbeatable. i am proud of my off color grey tones that the car has though. they have several shades of grey throughout the inside and outside to pay tribute to when the planes would get panels replaced to repair bullet holes. After that, the paint never matched.....cool bit of history there that just blows my mind!

Roush P-51a #56-151

View attachment 1461838
I do have the window sticker but it doesn't specify the price for just the seats. it mentions suede inserts but they dont break down the pricing. It just shows it was a 34K$ option for the p51 in its entirety.

Recon

Established Member
Dude amen to that! i cant find a white one for sale anywhere. I would of course prefer the p51 logo on it. but im about to settle for the basic roush white shifter. its just so mean. hows the build coming?
Being you own a real P51 car I’m almost certain Roush will sell you one. They might want photos of the part, though.

i think you are correct here. im trying to find my gear ratio from roush and kind of hitting a dead end.

If it’s anything like my car you’ll have a sticker on the diff cover that identifies what gear ratio is in the diff.

Pick your poison.

Roush P-51a #56-151

Being you own a real P51 car I’m almost certain Roush will sell you one. They might want photos of the part, though.

You think? even tho they were specific to the P51B?

If it’s anything like my car you’ll have a sticker on the diff cover that identifies what gear ratio is in the diff.

ahhhh. i didnt know that. im gonna crawl under there now. I just feel like they have kept it a solid secret.

Pick your poison.

Roush P-51a #56-151

GOOD CALL! I have been under there sooooo many times polishing exhaust and suspension components. I never thought it would be that obvious. i feel like a goof hahahaha.

3.55 gears

Pick your poison.[/QUOTE]

Recon

Established Member

It all depends on if they still stock it. They wouldn’t sell that specific item to anyone unless they own a P51, and potentially 09 P51 owners only. As I said they would probably require pictures of the part to see it.
I know they won’t sell me 427R stickers unless I send them pictures of them. Even though I fully established I own the car and it’s a genuine Roush Mustang.

Pick your poison.

Recon

Established Member

GOOD CALL! I have been under there sooooo many times polishing exhaust and suspension components. I never thought it would be that obvious. i feel like a goof hahahaha.

3.55 gears

Pick your poison.
That seems to be the most common ratio to have in these Roush cars.

Pick your poison.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Congrats OP - that’s a gorgeous and rare find. I saw one for the first time at Woodward this year and I really liked it in person. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread