Drive shafts

w1tchblad3

Established Member
So I finally got out to track to test my on3 single turbo and broke my drive shaft on launch with Transbrake. I have a upgraded shaft too a shaft master rated at 900hp . I’m about 770hp so my question is what is a better shaft upgrade that can handle the hard launch.

TVSed GT

Established Member
When you launched did you have any wheel hop? That will break shit regardless of manufacturers ratings.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Did the shaft twist? Or was it just the U joints that let go?

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Shaftmasters has a standard shaft and a HD unit, which one do you have? Although, I think the HD unit just stronger u-joints so in your case it really woundlt make a difference. Definitely call them up and see what they have to say.

It sounds like it may be time for a 4 inch over the 3.5 inch. Lethal and Beefcake have some pretty good deals on DSS shaft this weekend.

w1tchblad3

Established Member
IMG_1837.jpg
Ok so I was wrong on the location of the break but it was not the u-joints.

FM58

Established Member
So I finally got out to track to test my on3 single turbo and broke my drive shaft on launch with Transbrake. I have a upgraded shaft too a shaft master rated at 900hp . I’m about 770hp so my question is what is a better shaft upgrade that can handle the hard launch.
Yes, I would call David at Shaftmasters

Jebadias

Established Member
I am interested in what happened when you talked to Shaftmasters. Rating a product at a certain power level and standing behind it are two different things. I would like to hear your experience with their customer service.

w1tchblad3

Established Member
Honestly I did not call shaftmaster about it i work long hours and did not feel like going through all the red tape customer service tend to do. So I just order a dynatech driveshaft per recommendation from the shop that did my build. The fabricator at the shop said the welds did not look good on the saftmaster.

Users who are viewing this thread