Driveshaft, which to choose

Qwik281

Trying to figure out wich driveshaft to buy. Was set on buying a dss one but I hear some people have had problems. So is the Ford racing piece better or steeda or should I stick with getting a dss. It would help to hear what some people are running on here.

debit_free_2010

Established Member
I'm running the 4" Spicer/FRPP driveshaft, Been to 190 several times with it and no vibrations.

It looks like the Steeda driveshaft is a rebranded Spicer anyway.

Denny's driveshaft has the best pricing w/free shipping on either the 3.5" or 4" Spicer.

KBBoss302

Established Member
Dynotech on mine and very happy with it even at big speeds. The FRPP one wasn't available when I bought mine but it seems to be an excellent choice. Way too many problems with DSS on this forum and others.

vortecd

Established Member
I really don't think you can go wrong with any of them. I have a Shaftmasters and would buy another

fuelforfire87

Established Member
+1 on shaftmasters. quality product and not overpriced like some of the other shafts out there.

evanjp

Established Member
I have a dss and it makes weird clicking noises when under load initially, like taking off from 1st or getting on/off gas. I can hear it when hitting gas/letting off next to a Jersey wall. Other than that it's smooth

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
Same. No issues DSS. Choose it over the Ford due to shop recommendation and the CV in the rear so no need to change pinion angle.

Users who are viewing this thread