Drop motor mounts to run the BOSS or Cobra Jet intake?

phils04gt

Established Member
The power comes on when it matters with Boss intake, around 4500ish and it is higher across the board. Not going to be reving it past 7200 . Not too worried about the loss of power below that. One of the main reasons I swapped to the Boss intake is because my car seems to have an issue with the Procharger and IMRC. Boss intake removes IMRC.

I removed the hood blanket on the car and I was able to get the hood closed with no other modifications. The hood is clearly sitting on top of the manifold as you have to really push it closed. I am reconsidering tossing in the motor mounts and dropping it 1/4" to see how much that helps. As long as I can close the hood without it bulging, I will drive like that for a while. I just cancelled the Roush hood scoop, didn't want to hack up my hood after all. I wasn't really a fan of the look either.

If the hood still has a tough time closing with the motor mounts dropping it a 1/4", I can trim the inside of the hood in certain spots as well as the little fins/lettering on boss manifold.

Last edited:

REDS197

Established Member
If you only Rev to 7200 you are doing all this work for a small window from 6700-7200 rpm. Boss.jpg

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Wow, boss intake does not even match stock hp/tq until 5600-5700. Must feel like a turd compared to stock intake in 95% of driving. Did you pull yours off Reds197?

impossible

Sorry but the GT350 intake manifold will not work on the revised 2015 Coyote heads without serious work to the manifold runners... GT350's ports are not only wider but they rise much closer to the top of the head. Bummer :/

2015 Coyotes intake side:
R4Ozcto.jpg

The GT350 intake side:
vv0EV3A.jpg

Jebadias

Established Member
The power comes on when it matters with Boss intake, around 4500ish and it is higher across the board. Not going to be reving it past 7200 . Not too worried about the loss of power below that. One of the main reasons I swapped to the Boss intake is because my car seems to have an issue with the Procharger and IMRC. Boss intake removes IMRC.

If the hood still has a tough time closing with the motor mounts dropping it a 1/4", I can trim the inside of the hood in certain spots as well as the little fins/lettering on boss manifold.

Maybe I'm missing something as I am not yet familiar with the 15, but if your main reason for the Boss/CJ manifold is to get rid of the IMRC so your Procharger will work why not just grab an 11-14 GT intake? That should drop the IMRC and still make good power in the RPM band you are looking for, fit under the hood no problem and you can probably get one for next to nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread