Dropped something, where is it?

xtremeskime21

Established Member
Ok, today I was taking the hood insulator off to see the condition of under the hood and I dropped one of the plastic pieces. Low and behold it drops in the worst possible location. It fell behind the pulley's underneath the supercharger in a small crevice that seems to right on top of the block. I can not see it, or even stick a hand in there to feel around. Is this going to be a problem or will it eventually just rattle out at highways speeds? :??: :bash:

I was also curious about s/c oil. I pulled out about 4-5oz today and refilled with about 6.5-7. Does that seem like a normal number for those of you who have done it? The oil oozed out when taking the plug out to drain it and also after I filled it.

stangaholic280

Established Member
Sounds like you dropped it right on top of the block below the lower intake manifold. I don't think it will hurt anything in there.

As for the oil, just fill it til it reaches the drain plug and you'll be good.

03mgtermi

Established Member
yea, i've dropped tons of crap down there, either from the front or behind the blower. it will just ride in the valley of the block until you go get it. not much will cause it to come out on it's own.

I have had good luck getting screws and things out with a magnet on a flexible arm, and plastic pieces can be vacuumed out or blow out with compressed air.

If that doesn't work, and you really have to have it outta there, you have to remove the blower and lower intake. Sounds like the little plastic piece isn't important enough for all that though.

xtremeskime21

Established Member
yea, i've dropped tons of crap down there, either from the front or behind the blower. it will just ride in the valley of the block until you go get it. not much will cause it to come out on it's own.

I have had good luck getting screws and things out with a magnet on a flexible arm, and plastic pieces can be vacuumed out or blow out with compressed air.

If that doesn't work, and you really have to have it outta there, you have to remove the blower and lower intake. Sounds like the little plastic piece isn't important enough for all that though.

Alright, thanks. I kinda was assuming that's where it was and thought it wouldn't be a problem. I tried using air to blow it out that didn't work. I'll try a vacuum attachment and see if that will do the trick. :beer:

SLPRCTM

Established Member
Won't it melt to the block if left down there? You could also try a compressed air gun with a long nozzle to get down in the valley. Maybe that will blow it out.

Last edited:

04GTMustang

Established Member
Sounds like your gonna have to buy a whipple now so when you take the eaton and lower off to remove that plastic plug you can just put the twin screw on... umm yea lol

Realistically it will be fine.

xtremeskime21

Established Member
Sounds like your gonna have to buy a whipple now so when you take the eaton and lower off to remove that plastic plug you can just put the twin screw on... umm yea lol

Realistically it will be fine.

I wish! That sounds like an awesome plan!

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Users who are viewing this thread