Drove a Ford GT yesterday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
If you took any corners near the limit you wouldn't be mentioning your Fairmont-based Cobra.

nope never pushed it, it yes the supension and handling is serious in that car, but that is why he lets me drive it, cause i dont drive it like a stole it when i first get in it...im not gonna be another ass on wrecked exoctics who smashed his wealthy uncles gt....if someone gave u the gt for an hour would you be doing 100mph around corners? the car comes out sideways in 3rd under WOT, nd like i said...10k miles original tires..they are BEAT...

as for interior, it is beautiful, cheap ford of course, but the door unlock buttons and window switches are str8 outta ford escape, not the fighter pilot switches on the dash u dodos....why does e eryone have to bash...:shrug:

RIO RED SNAKE

Established Member
So you are 18

Your UNCLE went to California to pick up a $100,000 car

Came back and asked you to take it out yourself

You hit it and it hooked. Punched it in 1st and when boost came on (thought that part was instant) it spun pretty good.

The car in general was like driving your Cobra including the brakes were about the same.

:rolleyes: This is stupid and in the wrong section of the boards anyways. I see this getting moved to smackdown soon.

yes..tha tis correct, the car does not even touch 15lbs of boost under half throttle..so it is like driving a normal car, its a cake walk to drive, then when u actually hit it u can feel the big eaton kick, it is not instanteous if u ease into it, i didnt get in it and stomp it right away for the last time, i eased it then pushed it and had no traction...and the brakes are massive and sick, but i meant the pedal feel is the same, not that i can out stop it, i am not going to continue ot ddefend myself, i know i drove it, my buddy knows i drove it, my cousin my mom saw me in it, so idc im str8, i am sorry u are jealous that i drove a badass car at the age of 18....when someone goes out and drive one and u drive like a normal person, cause wherre he lives the streets rnt a race track, you will see how easy to drive it is, no visibility, but it really is like driving a stang..

RIO RED SNAKE

Established Member
:bs:

seewhatididthere??
:eek:

what? he needs new tires, and wants a set for Lebanon Valley, i am a huge ford fan and love stangs and gt's. i simply thought id share my excitement with u guys and my simple opinion...i would never of posted if i were to get bashed to hell....aslo i got a pic of the gt..its on the side of the 3family house he owns in wtby...next to his used car lot...

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Christian%20Papa/My%20Documents/Downloads/fransgt.jpg

ill get more when i go work there this weekend..

RIO RED SNAKE

Established Member
ill get vid nect time i get my hands on it as well...but more pics on the way...just copy that link above and paste it

ModularFan

Established Member
what? he needs new tires, and wants a set for Lebanon Valley, i am a huge ford fan and love stangs and gt's. i simply thought id share my excitement with u guys and my simple opinion...i would never of posted if i were to get bashed to hell....aslo i got a pic of the gt..its on the side of the 3family house he owns in wtby...next to his used car lot...

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Christian%20Papa/My%20Documents/Downloads/fransgt.jpg

ill get more when i go work there this weekend..

doesn't work dude.

joeason1010

Banned
I mean if I just drove a Ford GT I wouldn't be talking about the little shit that you think is wrong with it like the electronic entry come the **** on man. You just drove a 250,000 dollar car and you wanna talk about the ****in keyless entry. WOW

My94GT

Established Member
The few things that crack me up is that it is like driving a refined lowered version of my cobra,

:lol1::lol: i dunno about that, ive driven my bosses more then a few times and i can say it drives nothing like a mustang

congrats none the less, they are an amazing car that make you feel incredibly lucky to drive and i must think even better to own :beer:

ModularFan

Established Member
:lol1::lol: i dunno about that, ive driven my bosses more then a few times and i can say it drives nothing like a mustang

congrats none the less, they are an amazing car that make you feel incredibly lucky to drive and i must think even better to own :beer:

Why for 1/4 of the price you can get a Terminator and throw a KB or Whipple and beat it, or if you wanted to Twin turbo it.

ModularFan

Established Member
Ya but you racing a bone stock GT man on top end if your crazy enough to go there the GT would rail you.

Not Necessarily, with the right mods you can take a GT. There's cobra's out there making 1200-1400 HP on a single turbo, some Twin, you can argue the same for a GT500, which comes 500 HP Out of the box. 5.4L Cast Iron Block VS a 5.4L AL Block. slightly different internals obviously. One's a wet sump and the other is a dry sump.

There's guys that are TTing GT500's as well, Just throwing on a blower put's the gt500 at close to 6-700HP depending on which one you get.

My94GT

Established Member
Why for 1/4 of the price you can get a Terminator and throw a KB or Whipple and beat it, or if you wanted to Twin turbo it.

and yet you still wont replicate the feeling it is to drive a ford gt. i never said it was the fastest thing around. :shrug: its a combination of its power delivery, the suspension and handeling and that just all around fun factor of the car its self.

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
God dude shut up now till u have real pictures of it with u standing there with a sign that says f off SVT. Take a note from treynor ur story just keeps getting worse and worse so now uncles GT is a modded one. Stock they do not go any where near 15lbs try 8psi.

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
Wrong so a 2010 gt500 5.4 makes 540hp on 8 psi yet it takes the GT 4psi to make 10hp come on now..

ModularFan

Established Member
Wrong so a 2010 gt500 5.4 makes 540hp on 8 psi yet it takes the GT 4psi to make 10hp come on now..

OMG dude are you serious? The 5.4L AL has different internals and a different pulley. what does the 2010 GT500 have anything to do with it anyway. and a different tune.

Last edited:

Common

Established Member
and yet you still wont replicate the feeling it is to drive a ford gt. i never said it was the fastest thing around. :shrug: its a combination of its power delivery, the suspension and handeling and that just all around fun factor of the car its self.

Something about the engine being behind your head and the blower snout right in the back of your right ear pretty much..............yea!

mec03svt

SomethingVeryTechnical
Established Member
Haha damn everyone is tearing each other up in here :burn:. Glad I read this thread. I too have driven a GT and it was nothing like anything else I have driven. I wouldn't say it handles like a 97 cobra though. That car just handles like its on rails and the power is rediculous. And I didnt think it was cheap on the inside at all but thats just me. everyone has their opinion though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread