Dry Fire Practice With Laser Ammo

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
I have been trying to figure out how to get in some practice with my 9mm M&P full and M&P Shield without having to go to the shooting range all the time.

When looking for different options I came across videos on laser ammo and ended up ordering a 9mm laser training cartridge and a couple laser targets (laserlyte steel tyme).

After a couple days of use I am glad I ordered them. The laser training cartridge and targets allow for beneficial dry fire practice and are actually fun to use.

I would highly recommend this to anyone looking to improve their shooting skills without having to go to the shooting range.

9mm laser.jpg
Targets.jpg

Machdup1

Established Member
I have the original laserlyte with Glock 17 blue pistol for point training.

Great for at home training, just make sure you don’t practice bad habits.

I got so good with that I didn’t have to use my sights.

Then I went to a class and the last drill of the day was draw and hit three separate targets with two hits on each target with a time goal of two seconds.

I finished the drill and holstered and the instructor says “you know you didn’t look at your sights, right?” Hey, I finished in 1.7 secs.

Tooks me months at the range to unlearn bad habits. LOL

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Yea, they are pretty cool. Was talking to a local gun store/firearm safety instructor and he was saying he uses that(or something similar) to practice unholstering the gun and firing. Since most, if not all ranges prohibit that, it's a good way to replicate using your gun in a "real world" scenario.

SHOdown220

Established Member
Let me know how that works out for you, I wouldn't mind something for home training I just don't know how it translates to real world shooting. Range time gets expensive lol. My dad's good friend just finished up building a range at his house and I got the OK this week to head out there. It will be nice to do some outdoor shooting where I can practice drawing from holster and some rapid follow up shots without breaking range rules! Also very much excited to shoot my recently completed AR. I've been a handgun guy for years but finally decided to get my first AR and have some fun.

Users who are viewing this thread