Dubi

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Some folks on SVTP have lived in Dubi either in a military or civilian capacity.
I have an opportunity to live/work in Dubi for an unspecified amount of time.
I’ve heard from a few people here there are a few hoops to jump though for purchasing
property and a few other details Americans do not face in our Country.

I’ve been retired from Stanford Linear Accelerator Center in Menlo Park CA. for ~2 years. I gave almost 20 years to Stanford as radiological detection design Engineer, assembler, trouble shooter, installation and calibration type.

I have tuned Klystron modulators repaired the electronics and designed a few chassis that keep the pulse on high powered Klystrons which were originally purchased from Varian. SLAC started manufacturing their own 5045 Klystrons about 25 years or so. I was also an IT guy that was one of the lucky ones who in a small capacity helped started the first website in the US.
Click on the hyperlink. Even though I’ve been retired for a while, my name and the like are still listed.
Bay Area CLICKIE..
Calibration Lab Directory:
http://www.calshack.com/
As most of us know, times have changed greatly especially since 9/11. Radiation is now a huge field. You might not notice all the detection devices at airports. I do since I’m fairly familiar with them.
Any input would be appreciated. It sounds like a great opportunity for me.
To be honest I’m not quite ready to retire. I spend too many hours on SVTP making snide remarks ;) Think I have a few good working years left in me.
Thank you.
Jeff

Animalmutha97

My mom says I'm cool
Established Member
The lighting company that I work for does quite a bit of business over there in hotels and such. Not sure what the actual place is like though. Good luck in your new venture

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
The lighting company that I work for does quite a bit of business over there in hotels and such. Not sure what the actual place is like though. Good luck in your new venture

Thanks, hopefully I'll soon be able to spell the country correctly.... :lol1:
Thanks to 03SVT_COBRA
Jeff

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
I so want to visit Dubai, and stay there like a month but $$$
I'm trying to get a feel for things there first. It's a huge commitment for a Civi and a lot of millage.
It sure looks nice in pictures but so do a lot of places with lousy weather and insects big as a house.

I can just see myself hitchhiking in Dubai with a piece of cardboard reading, "S.F. Bay Area."
Not really, but the thought has crossed my mind.
Jeff

Last edited:

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Thank you.
A X-neighbor of mine packed his family. Fully loaded a ship container with their belongings and moved to Dubai. Originally from Pakistan, they lived in the US for 15 years.
I had his cell # and email addy but misplaced it when I moved from Santa Clara to Menlo Park. He's some bigwig IT guy.
Hell, I can't even pronounce his name let alone spell it.
Shoot!
Jeff

Last edited:

1993R

Established Member
I know its considered a big tourist destination for people in the UK. A lot of my relatives in Scotland like to visit there during the winter to get out of the rain etc....

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
you better learn how to spell the name of the country you move to before you go.

Users who are viewing this thread